1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling isolated - how many like me ?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by skalluri, Aug 9, 2015.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I have been working in this country for 10 years, being busy with my schedules, managing house and working, at the end of the day/week, want someone who can just listen when I talk, who can chat /laugh a loud, I have many acquintances, but no real friends to laugh aloud.

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidshya,
    IN NJ, you have lot of Indian community, keep trying, you may get good friends, moreover if you know driving, go to temples, there are lot of temples in NJ and you may do volunteering by which you can get in touch with new friends.
    In my case, as I am working women, I don't get time in the week days, on the weekends I try all the ways to get in touch with people either by phone or text or go to temple.

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

thanks Vidhya,

Yes I too practice yoga and pranayama for stress relief, I should start meditation seriously.

2 people like this.
  4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I do yoga for my health. It helps me lot, but sometimes I just lose that control and go back to square 1, when I penned my feelings here, I am in that mood.

I am not looking for an ideal person who is 100% friendly or good, I am looking for someone who is simple , who has listening heart, who can respect others and talk in appreciating way instead of always materialistic talking about jewelry, parties, sarees, or just about themselves , I even observed most people when in a group, they try to dominate each other by showing their or their kids acheivements but heart to listen others.

2 people like this.
  5. sing

sing Silver IL'ite

Well, I am no god to preach either friendssmiley, pretty much the same as you do, just that I take care of myself very well without the need of any human being, you get what I mean.

I have gone through your phase very soon I came to the US. But realized this is a different world, we need a different toolkit under our belt to survive, keep up the emotional enthusiasm. Adults world too :p. If you play by the rules of adult world, you will be jostling with others opinions continuously, instead do something different......you'll discover yourself. This transformation wouldn't have happened to me if I were in India.....

How do you take care of yourself?
    1. Pick up a hobby, do it with full enthusiasm. Have you seen kids paint playfully like in Taare Jameen Par for example Kholo Kholo..... Watch it...it will inspire you. No hobby remains interesting after a while. This is true for anything including profession, why it gets boring just like the excitement is lost after dating :spin. But still we work for sustenance... Go, run, jump into the pool, first people think you've gone mad, but slowly they'll discover you are freaking happy.....!! Sometimes I do that and my mom freaks out ..... yumsmiley

2. Meet people outside, involve in activities... bring out the kid inside you. Everybody has that kid, wants to feel like a child, unfortunately all of us feel we are grown up and display poker faces. I hate that statement. I love the way kids just loose themselves up, and be themselves. "Discover yourself" is what I would like to summarize. Very few people actually have the capacity to discover themselves through Yoga, every activity involves discipline. In my experience I can say with all certainty its true and the Buddha quote is still true.

3. Fall in love with yourself, act up yourself, you'll see the world around you changes slowly, people start liking you and are drawn to you. If you instead feel lonely inside and show it up like a problem, people stay away. People hang around people who keep themselves happy. A little psychology.

4. Running is an awesome exercise, do it regularly, it has the potential benefit to keep many things under control. Discover what you truly love to enjoy life. "Change the perspective" by which you see the world, instead of oh my life is a responsiblity, morning this, evening that, blah blah, loosen up, cheer up girl.....go grab a ladle, dance in the kitchen cooking...

Real happy people just don't care how others see them, they are just being themselves, cool, cheering up all the time.

If there are genuinely happy people in the world, there are only two : Children before puberty & Adults with disorders like autism :p.

Hope it helps !! Enjoy the day !

dc24, selviik, ladysayshello and 6 others like this.
  6. chuchu

chuchu Senior IL'ite

Hi @skalluri,

How are you? I can understand your situation and I also faced the same when I was new to US. Hope you are staying in connecticut. We are near to boston. Currently am in 6th month (pregnant) . I can talk to you over phone if you are interested and we can meet whenever it is possible for us. But i dont know how to exchange numbers because i dont have enough messages to send you private message.
    Never feel isolated dear...whoever listens to us or not, God will listen. I do believe in that and doing the same. But I sometimes feels like why I dont have nice friends who can be simple ( not materialistic) to me. Apart from that Iam happy here...
    Take care dear...

2 people like this.
  7. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kalluri,

How are you doing? I am so sorry to hear you feel that way. You can talk to us about your day and stuff like that. :)

Take care,
    Priya

1 person likes this.
  8. mehtaradhikam

mehtaradhikam Bronze IL'ite

Hello skalluri,

I am in same situation as well just the differences are:-

1. I am in India only just the state is changed

2. I don't have kids or job

3. My husband goes to work early in morning and comes at late evening

I am also searching for a good friend at who is at my age, as I have one friend but she is very elder than me, so she tries to understand but cannot give me time because of her teenage kids.

Here people don't even know who is their neighbour let alone have a good friendship, everyone is living in their own shell. Now I am complaining less day by day as I find that it is what they are and they cannot change.

And it is rightly said by someone earlier in this thread that it is hard to find friendship like we had in our college days. That was best part of my life to say least.

Some people like us need intellectual communication more and more. I love if anyone can talk with me without being judgemental but that is so much more to expect from any person.

One suggestion from me, try working out hard like running or HIIT or an hour or two of intense yoga session. I know any one of above makes me feel a lot less heavy and I need only one thing after hard workout is good rest.

I think we can be friends, and I would love to have a friend like you.

I hope and pray that you get friend as you have wished for and also praying that you get lots and lots and lots of happiness in your life.

Lots of love

3 people like this.
  9. ssaratha

ssaratha New IL'ite

There is lot around the world other than money.You start enjoying and liking small things like nature,beauty and many more things.
    Emotional back up is important aspect in every one's life .Better you try to build up with your family members or friends.

Best of Luck.

1 person likes this.
  10. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

There is 'give and take' in every relationships. Love is unconditional. If you can't forgive and sacrifice your feelings for your own family and in law's family, how would you cop up with the expectations from friends.

You need to focus on your inner thoughts and try to refine them. Spirituality / Yoga etc may help you to overcome your limitations.

May God Bless you

1 person likes this.