1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeling irritation

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lat13, May 18, 2015.

1. lat13

lat13 Senior IL'ite

My Mil often supports my 2 younger co sisters . Being a elder daughter in law I have to face all restrictions and obey all the fil rules. But dey won't. Even though I sacrifice all der is no good name r goodness. All work I does but dey escapes she never questions dem. But if I do any smal mistake without my concious also she will immediately questions me??

Did I give her more gap?.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Stop expecting a good name and stop making sacrifices.You will never get that certificate of goodness ....at least not for a long long time.

If they expect you to follow rules that others are not following,point it out and refuse to follow. E.g. If they are allowed to go out with husband or wear what they want....you do the same.

If there is too much work...tell mil you re tired and ask her to get it done by others.
    Stop being the nice dil...it is not worth it.

2 people like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Agree with Yellowmango.
    If your current situation is making you miserable, time to take charge and start acting smartly. Do it subtly but firmly. Push back whenever it becomes unfair but don't create open hostility. You want your peace of mind, not the good DIL prize.

1 person likes this.