1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Helpless bcz of brother wedding - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by nomad24, Jan 8, 2015.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Now I am scared for the poor girl. I almost wish the guy leaves her alone...unless he has the sense to live a life far away from the high maintenance expectations. The boys who marry the girl disliked by family but still want to maintain good relations with their family are the ones who make their wives cry the most.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Perhaps nomad24 gets born as a maid/receptionist in next life, to experience what it means to be discriminated on basis of "class". Everyone is a human being and making her face "uphill battle" becos she is lower in education/class???

And the brother as an adult has the RIGHT to choose HIS life partner. He is not choosing nomad's life partner, but his own!!! The rest of the family can offer their opinion once or twice, and subsequently shut up and the final decision is based on the brother's choice.

3 people like this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You could share it on facebook; he's bound to see it ;)

4. rina23

rina23 New IL'ite

life is full of stress and its a different life style for this generation....youngsters don't have the same understanding of family values. Its a discrimination of a human when you evaluate her and her family of what they are worth in dollars. May God forgive.....
    this a big issue in Indians everywhere in the world...we love to befriend the good looking with expensive purses,clothes,cars....and view the poor differently......none of us have this right...drS lawyers, what ever crown you where.....we are all human and will die and go the same place.. You maybe giving this girl a new life and a better one and God will always smile at your greatness.......and your children will be blessed.....

1 person likes this.
  5. sherlock

sherlock Senior IL'ite

As an American White male, I have to tell your brother that you shouldn't make life-long decisions at age 23...there is still a lot of time left for him to get married.

I have lost my head more than once over a girl, embarrassingly just last year most recently, and looking back I realized how I managed to dodge a bullet.

You have to consider your brother's heart as well, the heart doesn't respond to logic and will tell you 2+2=5, and you want to believe it so much.

Sit down with your brother and parents and negotiate with him, try to take him away for a few weeks vacation to isolate him from the girl's influences for a while, and then, if you want to be sneaky....hire private eyes to follow her and perhaps hire an actor/model to approach her...this will test her feelings for him.

My wife, God Rest her Soul, did not have a university degree and came from a struggling family, and she was the best person in the world and I would give anything to have her back. Consider that this may be true love.

6. vanithaudt

vanithaudt Silver IL'ite

We follow west in dress, job, living independent life when it comes to marriage we Indians are very very greedy.

Come me on dear, who are you to control his marriage and choice of life partner. well, help him if you could or stay away.

Irrespective of of what you say or do. If he likes her, he ll go for her.

7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

That is the exact word that came to my mindwhaatsmiley

OP- Let you brother be. Nothing is more suffocating than other people deciding what is best for you. Respect your brother as an adult and let him make his decisions.

If you love your brother, the onus of maintaining a cordial relationship lies just as much with you.

sindmani, yellowmango and Gauri03 like this.
  8. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

Op,
    you can't be sure if your brother will be happy if he marries a classy (of your class) and highly educated girl. So should these things really matter? About having common topics to talk, they are not going to have social gatherings everyday. So you got to support your brother this time. Give him a chance. Nobody can predict the future even if he marries a girl of your choice.

9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

OP

At this age, you can not control boys. They are like rubber bands. Even if we see they are not making right decisions and see some harm coming in future, I do not think you can push him unless he is very good brother, mamma's boy, Sharavan Putra...blah blah.

I married out of love and we had no match... I do not know why my parents married us..probably they were scared of society. But now i understand it does not matter a lot. You change a lot, its gradual but you change according to each other. So It was better if i had married person from my community. At least I would have got relatives, community's approval and wishes and love. Now I do not get anything from any side.

Now my brother has someone that we did not approve of. Our side is better off than girls. But honestly, I do not care about her bringing money into family and all that...
    I was more bothered by her below-average looks and crazy nature, her crazy love letters scattered, her phone calls every minute, and my brothers behavior and ignoring my family completely. He could have done it smartly. ..anyways now I try not to be bothered about anything.

I know its relationship between families but I have my limits and my DH reminded me those.

Let him marry TAPE DISPENSER.

Lakshmi6197 likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What or who is TAPE DISPENSER ?