1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feelig very disturbed

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Cool10, Apr 16, 2015.

1. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

May be you should do this .Or just stop working for couple of months like going on an unpaid vacation . What is he going to do ? Starve ?

1 person likes this.
  2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

somehow i felt that these drama of in laws when DIL takes stand against something wrong and husband taking sides of in-laws and finding fault with wife while he knows very well that his parents are wrong is to supress the revolt of DIL...
    if DIL stands on her ground no matter what ...others bow down soon when they see tht their drama is ineffective....
    if i would have been at your place....i would have stopped doing everything(be it financial or household chore whatever) for the in laws....by giving the reason that the people who calls me thief i cant do anything for them...my self respect doesnt allow it...and continue dharna like this until in laws try to mend their behaviour...

4 people like this.
  3. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

How about your co-sis ,she too working?

4. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

i liked the idea from coolgal123

5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

And this is what she wanted and you gave it to her. But sometimes it is hard to hold back our temper.

6. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

It will create a huge fight. They threatened to leave. I didn't react. They continued saying the same thinking I will apologize and fall on their feet to stay. I didn't react at all and ignored. Now they retracted their statement themselves and are going to stay more.

I am just talking to them minimally saying Namaste and all. Remaining time I am trying not even to stay in the room where they sit.

7. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

She is not working and she doesn't have parents too. Hence she has no support system to stand against this abuse.

1 person likes this.
  8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Listen you cannot allow this at all.This is sheer abuse.I dont know which household they give the entire salary to inlaws???Try talking to your hubby about buying the property in yours and his name.Dont even bother discussing this with inlaws.They shouldnt know.Do you have any kids???If yes probably try making small investments in their name like insurance,where the money will be given to them for the college funds etc.Also if there is a girl child you can buy jewelry ,for her marriage.With the way gold rates have plummeted over the years,this is a good plan to think

1 person likes this.
  9. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

We cannot buy property without ILs knowledge. Hubby insists on sharing each and every detail of our life with them.

For example: I wanted to buy a small kitchen wall fan as it is very hot here. DH immediately informed ILs. It became such a huge point of discussion as to why I need the fan (no need for fan in kitchen as per them), try to get second hand fan, buy the cheapest one etc surrendersmiley.

We don't have kids yet. If any small item of gold has to be bought for me, an issue will be created and full tantrum from MIL. Also MIL and SIL have to be given a larger article first from our money. Till now DH gave me only 2 bangles (because I got a much more expensive diamond ring for him on our anniversary), light neck piece, small ring and mangalsutra - this includes what they put in marriage. At the time of purchase of bangles, MIL got 6 bangles and SIL also got 2. Still they wanted mine.

On the other hand, MIL and SIL will get gold on each and every festival, birthday, anniversary etc.

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP.....put your foot down and bring down the bloody house.What good is having peace in a house where you are the bread winner(since your husband earns only for his family) but cannot even buy a fan to be comfortable in the kitchen where you make food for that husband of yours.

Why do you tolerate all this?Why do you have to ask for a fan...just go and buy one.
    Why ask for gold?You earn money...just go and buy and put in your locker or keep it locked....away from the eyes of the shameless mother and sister.
    Make FDs in your name.

Just buy rice and dal...make only rice and dal once a day and put it on the table.Let him eat it three times a day.You can have some fun food at the office.Tell him you have no more money.
    Tell him to pay at least rent....electricity and telephone bills.

You work at home and outside home.
    Your husband is dependent on your salary to live and your housekeeping skills to have a life.Stop being a doormat.You are the man and the woman in this marriage.....act like one.

5 people like this.