1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeding plan for my 7 month old..

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by meeravarun, May 16, 2010.

1. meeravarun

meeravarun New IL'ite

hi all..my baby weighs 6.55 kg noe n doc asked me to give solid foods 3;4 times.. she drinks milk very less.. i give her bottle feed as well as breast feed..

so friends can u pls share some of the feedilng plan i can follow for my baby.. right now i give her milk morning once she is awake.. then ragi, afternoon by 2 2.30 i give pureed apple n in between milk n evening banana powder/cerelac.. before bedtime milk n at nite i give her water first n if she is reallly hungry i feed her with milk.

doc has asked me to give vegetables,rice chapathi.. etc.. but i am not sure how to give solid food like chapathi n all for hr as she still cant chew..

waiiting for a positive response..

thanks in advance\\\
    \meera

2. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

hi meera,

My baby is also 7 months old. Doctor suggested me to give rice and dal mixture (soak, dry and then powder) with some veggies mashed for 2 times a day. He also told to give fruits like apple or banana also. He suggested me to make the schedule as give solids or some juices all the day and to give milk (breast feeding) only at night.

He also suggested to give raw apple and egg yellow also. This is told by a doctor in Fernandez hospital, no small one. We can give chapathi but not hard one, the top fine layer will be there right, that we should immerse in milk and then should give them.

Deepchiran.

3. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Meeravarun, u can try this schedule-
    B'fast-ragi/oats porridge.
    lunch-rice+veg+dal-pressure cook, grind in mixie,add salt and lil ghee ...
    evening-nestum+fruit puree
    banana as one feed...

This was my schedule for my elder one...
    i also used to give him mashed idli,mashed chappathi in milk(after 9 months), biscuit(arrowroot)in milk etc..

Deepa.

4. meeravarun

meeravarun New IL'ite

thanks a lot for those valuable suggestion deepchiran n deepa..

hop both of u are doing good n had a gr8 weekend.. i took my baby out this weekend n she was enjoying the city,, all those bright flashy lights.. n ofcourse she never forgets to give a smile to people standing aroung her..

coming back to our feeding plan..i will surely try to include those in her feed.. i wannna ask deepchiran whether u give milk only at night? and deepa for making ragi and other cereal which milk u used to use?

do we have to add water in the cows milk if tht is being used and wht proportion?

which all juices can be given? my doc ased me to avoid citrus juice for sometime,,so i discontinued musambi..

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

also i forgot to mention,it is of utmost importance that ur baby gets enough formula/breastmilk throughout day, n night. that has to be the main source of nutrition!

7. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi meera,

I havent shifted to milk only at nights....Annapraasana is not done for my LO yet. So no rice as of now. This sunday we are planning her Annapraasana. From then I am planning to shift to milk only at nights.

Remaining time in the mornings we can give juices, coconut water and water as liquids.

Deepchiran.

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I don't understand why all your doctors are asking not to give milk(breast milk or formula) and instead give juices!!! BREAST MILK/FORMULA SHOULD NEVER BE REPLACED OR SUBSTITUTED WITH OTHER LIQUIDS. Other liquids should only be supplemented. Meaning you can give juices and other liquids in addition to milk. Breastmilk or formula still forms main part of the babys nutrition till the baby turns one year.

And please do not wean your baby off the breastmilk or formula so soon. And it is suggested that whole milk not be introdcued until the baby turns one year. Cow's milk is hard to digest!!

If your paed is recommending you to wean off the breast milk or formula so soon, then it is time to find a new Paed

JMO!

1 person likes this.