1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeding New born Twins

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Viiksha, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi All!

My babies are 2 weeks old now and doc advised me to feed them every 2 to 3 hrs.
    Entire day , I breast feed and in nights we used to give once or twice (max) lactogen , but now i feel milk supply is going down and we need to depend more on formula..

Even .. they are waking up in the night and they want to be in our laps and not on beds ... entire day..they sleep nicely.. how to change this ??
    We are getting tired with no sleep and i dont know wht to do..
    and im getting scared..

I need suggestions and experiences from all twin momies on how they have fed their babies on initial days..

Please reply and they 'll help us a lot for new mommies like me..

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear,

You must have more than a handful!

When I went to a breastfeeding advice and support group, there was a woman with twins about a week or so old and the consultant was teaching her to feed both the kids at the same time. She had a feeding pillow and was holding both the children in a "football" hold on either side.

I spent about 45 min each time while feeding my DD and I can't imagine how much time this lady would have saved by feeding in tandem!

I suggest that you look up La Leche League online. They have several resources and they could also give you tips (if you mailed them) and help you keep at breast feeding, if that is what your intention is...

all the best and have twice the fun

4. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

There is a La Leche League PAN India group on Facebook..join the group there. It has helped me a lot with BF, though I did not have twins.!
    Good luck..

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame