1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@periamma,

I rarely venture out of a couple of forums and that too mostly because of some very interesting posts. I do write mostly in snippets and I certainly hope I have never missed acknowledging a feedback. I am very grateful for an opportunity to write and do consider it a blessing when I get feed backs and do my best to respond back. If I am guilty of something, it is not acknowledging all the 'likes' I get for some of my writing!

You are right - when some one reads and responds what we write, it is on the OP to acknowledge. That is how one build value and hopefully some friendships in the virtual world.

periamma likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Srama Thanks a lot .

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @periamma,
    Nowadays I do not visit IL frequently and whenever I visit I do try to give fb. I joined IL just a few months after IL started. I came to know about IL from 'The Hindu' In the beginning I was only reading the posts and later I have also started posting in IL and also was giving feedback.
    PS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2018
    periamma and Cheeniya like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@PushpavalliSrinivasan PS mam Thanks for your kind response

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

F.B. is a kind of acknowledgement.There are varieties of readers.Some merely enjoy reading and don't give any feed back at all. Some give feedbacks or acknowledge without going through the entire post.Some give responses only to a few writers.Loko Bhinna Ruchi:.The writer's part is over soon on getting it published and acknowledging the responders.As Shri Cheeniya has said 'Karmanyeva Adhkra;,na phaleshu kadhachana' applies much to forum posts.
    No doubt, it is an encouragement, whether you get appreciation or criticism.Actually criticism of views and way of expressions help to hone our writing skills and improve upon it and rectify our mistakes.On many occasions if I view my article in the reader's point of view,it may look a sheer nonsense.Our purpose is just to share.

Jayasala 42

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala 42 Thank you mam.Here i have written about acknowledging the feedback and not regretting for not getting feedback.

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:You have a point theremadam sister.
    2. The easiest idea to follow to get and encourage FBs is for ever like the reader should thank The one clicked the LIKE option. It may result in FBs.
    3. Even if one’s FB does’t elicit response, one should not give up and continue to maintain recording your response.
    4. The aim is to encourage the posts and feedbacks of each other so that each thread reaches attaing a sort of brainstorming session.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God grant us Godspeed in our earnest endeavour.

periamma likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

It is also a response to response.There are a few people who write very well.They not only expect feed backs but also don't acknowledge the feed backs. Many stop with writing original snippets and don't even verify whether there is any feed back.Mostly it is one way travel. At least the situationin IL is much better,In other groups it is uncared for item as bad as being thrown into garbage.
    Jayasala42

Thyagarajan and periamma like this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Thanks for your response

10. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

True ma, even i have felt this at times before, when i was much more active in IL.

Giving feedback is at one's own interest but acknowledging the fb that we get is something that we give in return to the person who respected our thoughts. Though it can be negative or positive. Still we can have our say....

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.