Feedback on Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by arunaj29, Jul 5, 2012.

1. arunaj29

arunaj29 New IL'ite

Dear ILs,
    Please let me know your experiences with Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan school, Abu dhabi. I have a friend relocating to Abu dhabi with her 8 year old child. She would be staying in Mussafah. What are the extra curricular activities in the school for 2nd/3rd standard child. How are teachers?Is the teaching stress free?
    Please pour in your replies.

Best regards,
    Aruna

2. IL2012

IL2012 New IL'ite

You need to visit the school and see the facilities, which is fairly ok. It has only been 2 years since the school started. Their new building has come up this month and heard they are also constructing other facilities like auditorium. Teaching is largely stress free. But their exam system is slightly different. Dates for monthly exams are announced but the subjects are not. There are different points of view on this. But I find that it takes away the fear of exams in the child, to quote the school principal. These are innovative things not really done by many schools. I had a problem with this in the beginning but now I find that my kid is settling with this. he no longer studies for the sake of exams but does so daily. The school timing is a bit too much, but I think it helps children to develop their endurance. Plus all teaching is done in the class. So, i dont feel the need for tuitions. Rest, meet the school office.

3. catalia

catalia New IL'ite

Hi,
    What I heard from others, BVB is not good at all.
    All parents are complaining about the studies and the teachers, all teachers are mainly keralites. They are surviving only due to their good name in India.

4. arunaj29

arunaj29 New IL'ite

Thanks for your responses ppl!