1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fed up with Dry hair :( I've not tried a parlour for hair treatment. What can I do

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by ShwetaK, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ShwetaK

ShwetaK New IL'ite

Hi,

Am 25yrs old grl, facing dry hair problem.. I notice that some part of my head having dry hair and rest part having normal hair.. Also am facing problem with dull and split end hairs..

My many frnds suggest me to visit parlour and get hair treatment.. But I've not ever visited to parlour except for having hair cut.. I'm worried about chemicals and its bad effect on my hair..

Am very very very confused.. what to do... please suggest

:drowning

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Fed up with Dry hair :( I've not tried a parlour for hair treatment. What can

Dear Shweta.
    First find out the reason for the dryness of the scalp.May be due to this winter season OR you used to sit in AC for long which will lead to dryness.Whateverthe reason definitely you need a oil massage in regular basis to avoid further damage of hair.
    I have posted some home-remedy for the natural hair growth.
    Please go through them.Select the PROTEIN pack in the packs.Before applying ,oil your hair.You will get 100% result as am regular use of this pack till date.
    Try Also avocado pack...will maintain your moisure of the scalp.

In the H.Oils select the one for dry hair.Want any clarification please dart to me.

Homemade HAIR GROWTH packs.

Homemade HAIR OILS recipes

3. bajan

bajan New IL'ite

Re: Fed up with Dry hair :( I've not tried a parlour for hair treatment. What can

I think you should choose your shampoo very carefully. I suffer from dry/frizzy hair too.
    If you choose a shampoo/cond with lots of SLS / Sulphates, they will dry your hair too much.
    If you choose a shampoo/cond with lots of protein, they will weigh your hair down and it will eventually becomes less elastic and sticky. Try shampoos with honey, royal jelly for protein.
    If you choose a shampoo/cond with lost of silicones, they will choke your hair by coating your hair shaft with cone buildup. This will weaken the hair and will lead to breakage. Most shampoos today specially moisturizing ones with silk etc contains cones.

My advice would be to give your hair a break from chemicals as much as possible. Shampoo your hair only after oiling with a basic shampoo like himalaya (which has very little cones and SLS). Then use a herbal conditioner like Aubrey organics Honeysuckle rose.

I changed to this routine and my hair loves this. Good luck.

4. kirthi3

kirthi3 Junior IL'ite

Take oil bath atleast once in a week.Don't use sampoos while taking oil bath,use shikkai powder,amla powder and fenugreek powder(little).

Suppose if u r in the situation to use shampoo, apply coconut oil from the scalp to the hair tip and take bath after 1 hour.It will cool the body also.If u don't have any health problem,then mix coconut oil and gingelly oil.

5. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

For split ends, you need to give a hair cut or trim your hair. No other way for it.

Mine is also a dry hair. And this my hair care routine:

For dry hair, You can try dove dry theraphy shampoo. Also you can apply egg white + curd as a pack for your hair once a week. It makes your hair soft.

6. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

hey dear

eat one egg (minimum) daily. my friend is doing this and she is having shiny hair like they show in advertisements. eat lot of proteins like sprouts/daals/sundal etc. drink milk and milk products like curd/buttermilk everyday.

i agree with others about protein packs and dairy products like curd, milk etc. during weekends apply curd/milk before washing hair. also you can use natural products like herbal powders/shikakai etc for washing hair instead of shampoos.

dont forget to oil hair regularly. nowadays nobody is doing this and that's why so many hair problems.

these tips will definitely help i think. just try and see.

cheers.

7. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

For dry hair or any other hair problems (except split ends w/c needs trimming, no other method) you can use extra virgin coconut oil...works really really great...just massage on your hair...leave on for half a day or overnight while wrapped in hot towel and covered w/ shower cap...rinse off w/ water and a little shampoo w/ lots of conditioner and pat dry, dont rub your hair w/ towel...wet hair is fragile...then dry hair by brushing or combing...use wide teeth brush or comb..not fine comb...will break hair...for other stuff check out best hair loss treatments:thumbsup

8. rlcthom

rlcthom New IL'ite

I just came across to this post. Did you find solution to yout problem? If no, I will be glad to send you a free sample of a new product that had been proven to stop hair loss and may help to grow back. People experience that after four time of using it will stop hair for falling and after twelve to fourteen weeks may experience hair grow. Also, it helps to stop dandruff, and dry hair it is 100% organic.

9. dikshisma

dikshisma New IL'ite

hi SHweta if you want quick result and ready to spend some money then i would suggest to find a good parlour which has keratin treatment on their menu. check online for best keratin product and ask them to use the same. OTHERWISE you can do it yourself at home with some help and youtube howtos.... it helped me a lot after two sitting my hairs are more manage able and looks more straight i had frizzy wavy hair which became dry due to gulf climate..... hope this helps you too try hot oil and towel tretment that too is a proven home remedy to fix dry hairs....

10. nigu

nigu Silver IL'ite

Keratin treatment has formaldyate in it which is a cancer causing agent .
    I would say stay aaway from it .
    There is Zerran smooting treatment which is completely vegan but not much reviews on the net .

I have tried this for my Dry hair it worked out wounderful .
    Apply coconut oil to the sclap and the hair stand from top to bottom and massage it atleast for 20 Mins.
    Then Tie a hot towel to ur scalp and leave it for 10 Mins.
    Then take bath .

If your hair is frizzy . My hair is . To control the friz this is what I do. When my hair is about to dry I twist my hair and tie it on top of my head .It reduces the friz to some extent.