Favourite AD?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Naveena, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hello friends

After seeing some threads on our favourite things, I got this idea to share my favourite advertisements. Though the practical idea behind an ad is selfish, i.e. marketing and to push up the product, some of them are really moving and stir up some emotions in us. I have come across many such ads.

The one I remember often is an ad of a Bank (I think it is HDFC) where a small cute boy will be clutching a piggy bank to his chest and always roaming around with it, even while taking bath, he keeps it near... and his grandpa warns him "be careful, someone may steal it". The expression on the child's face is something beyond words. I hope many of you might have seen it.

What about your favourite ads, friends?

1 person likes this.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

ING commercials are good. the one with the cat on the tree is very good.

regards
    anandchitra:cry:

1 person likes this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Johnsons baby oil--where the baby takes steps while the mother is on the phone and then notices and runs to get the baby.
    Sriniketan

4. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey everybody

A very good thread, i must say, something of my interest for sure... I have alsways been very observant of advertisements and like to appreciate a good creative work, which actually strikes a chord somewhere...

there are many fav commercials, but one that i can never forget is the Cadbury chocolate, where there is this cricket match and when the batsman hits a sixer, the girls is sooo excited that she literally enter the ground all dancing.. ohh that was beautiful...

and also this was the beginning of the era, where the businesses target the customer by making them emotional... this is being followed these days specially when launching the retirement fund scheme by banks :-D ...

more will be coming from my side...

5. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hey good thread... Even i like many ads ..
    One of them was StateBankOfIndia's where 2 old ladies travel in a train and get laddus with them and go to their brother's place to wish him happy bday. Very touching :)
    other one that i liked very much was when Shahrukh KBC was starting and they were showing this AD of a boy who keeps asking questions. That boy is so cute and he acted very well.
    There are more ... will add in the next post :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hello friends

Nice to see all your responses. Thanks. Some years back there was a programme on Zee tv (I amnot sure) called THE DREAM MERCHANTS which was focussed on advertising field and how people come up with such creative ads. It was a very good programme and the title was very impressive.

7. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    A very nice thread..............
    I like the Hutch Ad,where a cute boy is followed by a dog and it goes wherever he goes especially in the swing too.Then, i also like the DHL ad where the DHL person goes up in the crane to deliver the parcel to the person who is working as a painter/carpenter.I also love the bru ad where the wife conveys her hubby about the arrival of the kid with a small tea cup.Nice imagination.

-Shantha Kasiarunchalam

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey

I also like the ad of that retirement scheme of HDFC... where a son gives a chek to his dad so that he can buy the gift for the grandson... but acually he already did buy the gift... and it is soo emotional

I also like all the Shaadi.com advertisements, but my fav is the one where they show all kinds of wedding cards, in the car, or on the coffee table and i like the song also, "Kahin to koi hogaaa"... ohhh that is just soo touching...

Hey Shantha

Even i love the Bru coffee ad thats sucha cute way to tell the hubby abt the baby... ohhh

1 person likes this.
  9. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

I like the yoplait yogurt AD. The wordings r nice,

it goes " She was afraid to come of the locker, she was afraid that someone could see, it was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini that she wore for the first time today.

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I also like the HUTCH ad.One more ad which I like is ASHRIWAD atta where there is a small dance performance of a young girl.