1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Faux Pas -- Oj's Witless Brevity 9

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jul 18, 2016.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

He was in a hurry to join her at the theatre and did not check who was calling over the phone, or else he wouldn't have mistaken her for her and be forced to visit her immediately instead of meeting her as promised, causing her to call him up and demand an explanation, which he couldn't give, since she too was demanding why he had forced her to call him when it was he who had promised to call..

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Promises should be kept isnt it OJ da

Sairindhri and ojaantrik like this.
  3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Periods have a purpose. Aaarrrgh, let me read again slooooowly. Maybe i will understand.

Sairindhri and ojaantrik like this.
  4. ojaantrik

Sure enough viji. But they could lead to problems.

oj-da

5. ojaantrik

Dear SunPa,
    Thanks for reading. :yum:
    oj

iyerviji likes this.
  6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Ok, here goes my interpretation
    J was going to join M at the theater when he received a phone call. He assumed that it was M and answered it but it turned out to be B.
    B insisted he meet her immediately, and so J had to go over to meet B and he couldnt meet M as promised.
    A furious M called J and demanded an explanation for his absence which had forced her to call him when he should have been the one to call her.

dont shoot me if i got it all wrong , OJ-da

Sairindhri, iyerviji and ojaantrik like this.
  7. ojaantrik

Lovely one SunPa. But why couldn't J explain the matter to M when she called?

oj-da

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Humorous 'he's and 'she' s .This reminds me of an instance that happened in 1973.My father was 84 then and my mother was 75.
    My brother had a very beautiful daughter aged 20 studying in college.She told my father that some x boy was following her in the bus and thereafter upto college making indecent remarks.One day my niece, Akila was her name.She received a letter to the house address from the same boy asking her to meet him at 5P. M. in some park in the town area near her college.( There were no phones) in those days.She faithfully handed over the letter to my father,who was all in all in the house.
    My father, who was a strict disciplinarian got the letter. He asked Akila to write a letter to the given address that she was prepared to meet him at the stipulated hours.
    On the stipulated date my father along with my mother Akila( grand daughters were given the name of grandmothers in our houses)and some local guards went to the park.and were waiting on the bench.After sometime the boy in his 20s well dressed sat on another bench.He was eagerly expecting Akila.
    He grew restless.After sometime he approached my mother who was in her South Indian madisar saree with silvery hairs with a large sindhur on her forehead.My mother innocently asked him whether he was waitng for some one.She revealed that he had recd a letter from one Akila that she would meet him in the park.
    My mother said" I am Akila. See your letter addressed to me.It is me and I have come to meet you.He didn't know what to do.Immediately my father and other local guards surrounded him, gave him nice.Fortunately for him he was left off with warnings.
    In those days also boys followed girls but they didn't go to the extent of committing gory murders, as happened in Madras recently, if the girl didn't respond to him.

On return the grand daughter Akila thanked her thatha and Patti Akila for the timely intervention.That boy never turned again.

jayasala 42

maggi32, iyerviji, SunPa and 2 others like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I think u r right and made it easy for others to understand, people like me take time to understand but this i understood

ojaantrik and Sairindhri like this.
  10. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Ha ha.
    Very humourous!
    Liked SunPa analysis.
    I will add my 2c.
    B is mother to J.
    M is wife to J.
    You see MIL and DIL don't get along mostly! So J couldn't explain it to M as that would create a Cold War !!!!!

Thanks.

PS: @SunPa
    Thanks I added my imagination to your analysis. Lol.