1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

famous quotes by famous people

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Shreesundaram, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi, [/FONT]

I want to share some Famous quotes by famous people, I read them long back.

I enjoyed ,
    Regards

SHREESUNDARAM
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you judge people, you have no time to love them
    Author: Mother Teresa [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God-the rest will be given.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes.
    Author: Elizabeth Barrett Browning [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance. - Orville Wright[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The benefits of education and of useful knowledge, generally diffused through a community, are essential to the preservation of a free government. - Sam Houston[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation. - George Bernard Shaw[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Be led by reason. - Greek Proverb[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only the educated are free. - Epictetus[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten , but they may start a winning game. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust. - Samuel Butler [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. - Albert Gyorgyi [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't. - Anatole France[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid. - Albert Einstein[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations. - Benjamin D'Israeli[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Discoveries are often made by not following instructions; by going off the main road; by trying the untried. - Frank Tyger[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A time will come when men will stretch out their eyes. They should see planets like our Earth. - Christopher Wren[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whatever our souls are made up, his and mine are the same.
    Author: Emily Bronte [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us
    Author: Helen Keller [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Where there is love there is life
    Author: Mahatma Gandhi [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right
    Author: Henry Ford [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Half knowledge is worse than ignorance. - Thomas B. Macaulay [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How little do they see what really is, who frame their hasty judgment upon that which seems. - Robert Southey [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done. - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Seeking to know is too often learning to doubt. - Antoinette Deshoulieres[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I mistrust the judgment of every man in a case in which his own wished are concerned. - Duke of Wellington [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - John Lubbock [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some will never learn anything because they understand everything too soon.
    Thomas Blount [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Medicine being a compendium of the successive and contradictory mistakes of medical practitioners, when we summon the wisest of them to our aid, the chances are that we may be relying on a scientific truth the error of which will be recognized in a few years' time. - Marcel Proust. [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Winning is not everything. It's the only thing.
    Author: Vince Lombardi [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Author: Plato [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can fool some of the people some of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
    Author: Abraham Lincoln [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Education is the ability to meet life's situations. - Dr. John G. Hibben [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Ancient Indian Proverb [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth that humble reasoning of a single individual. - Galileo Galilei[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Think for yourself. Whatever is happening at the moment, try to think for your self. - Jean Riboud[/FONT]
    If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves. - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thomas Edison [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion.
    Thomas Jefferson [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He that never changes his opinion, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow that he is today. - Tyron Edwards [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The smart ones ask when they don't know. And, sometimes when they do.
    Malcolm Forbes [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The greatest mistake is to imagine that we never err. - Thomas Carlyle[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Men are apt to prefer a prosperous error to an afflicted truth. - Jeremy Taylor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only intuition can save you from the most dangerous individual of all, the articulate incompetent. - Robert Bernstein[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What the fool cannot learn, he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of a latent idiocy. - Marie Corelli[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Arguing with a fool proves there are two. - Doris M. Smith[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let us not dream that reason can ever be popular. Passions, emotions, may be made popular, but reason remains the property of the few. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They that will not be counseled cannot be helped. If you do not hear reason, she will rap you on the knuckles. - Benjamin Franklin [/FONT]

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi shree,

Good ones....