1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fallen!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Subbu was very happy that day. His father had finally relented and gave him some money. He was going to the circus at last. What a moment! That too, after knowing that the circus would move out of their small town in few days. No wonder, he was all smiles and ran to his friend Kittu's house. They both were 9 years old and studied in the government middle school in that little town.

There was only one theatre then and they both have not seen how it would look like from the inside. It was early 60's and the general 'suggestion' of parents to the teachers is that, "Leave the eyes alone and feel free to beat / cane anywhere to discipline if required!". Naturally, the kids were very much afraid then. Soon, Kittu too, got permission [it was the annual holidays time then]. Subbu bought tickets for both and Kittu came with the snacks [Murukku - a delightful dish made of rice flour, butter, little sesame and deep-fried].

And they had a fantastic time that day. What moved Subbu the most, was the performance of the clown there. He did not even rest for a minute and did many a gimmick, to bring smile even to the most straighter lips that day. Kittu liked the elephant dance better. After it was over, Subbu ran inside and shook hands with the clown. Pity, those days we didn't have the camera mobile phones or even the digital cameras then. The clown hugged him and gave him a toffee. He was chatting about the clown in awe, for many days even after the school reopened.

Three years later, he was sent to his aunt's place where they took him to a beach and to many new places. They also took a girl, in twenties, wherever they went. She was their neighbour's daughter and was called Valli. She was always sad, no matter where they went. Finally, they decided to go to the circus and Subbu was thrilled. But Valli sternly refused this time and left them crying. "Poor girl! Still not out of her nightmare!", said the aunt. Subbu came to know that her husband Raja had tormented her and her parents brought her back after a brief married life.

Very much later, he came to know that Raja was that clown.

Similar Threads
    1. rgsrinivasan
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. RamyaVaradharajan
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. rgsrinivasan
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Good one RGS. The one that made every one smile at work could not keep his wife happy at home. Was he closer to animals than human beings?

Viswa

3. rgsrinivasan

That was a sharp question and I don't have an answer Viswamitra. Thanks so much for your nice feedback. -rgs

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Such is the paradox that exists in relationships, RGS.

We please the people who are not related to us or who wont bother about our personal life... But the same we hurt our loved ones who cares most for us... and take them for granted... Good one asusual RGS.

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for a nice feedback Pallavi4Me. -rgs

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rgs sir,

Gud one..... wat an irony... He could not keep his wife happy.

Buut facts are always stranger than fiction :-(

7. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

oh!! I was expecting something good about that clown. but you have made it clear that work and life are different!! super.

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The angriest and saddest people are hidden behind a mask. A mask of laughter and happiness. It's amazing what you can fake with a smile.- Anonymous.

We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.

I thought you were going to write something about the clown...instead you chose to end mentioning about his wife....!!!!!!!!!!! Good RGS..that is your speciality !!!!!!!!!

9. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Oh! I was expecting something about the clown or a sad ending to him but you made me twirl with your punching twist rgs.
    People are not the same always as they pretend to look like for outside world.
    Good one rgs. Enjoyed reading it.

regards,
    Latha.

10. rgsrinivasan

Very true Lalitha Madam. Honoured to receive your nice feedback. Thanks. -rgs