1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fairness Cream

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Kavitha22, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Kavitha22

Kavitha22 New IL'ite

Hi,
    i am wheatish in color and oily skin too :icon_frown: . Still now I am using fair and lovely cream which i dont like. I started using lacto calamine, after that i got many pimples. Please dont tell garnier light cream, my friends told that is not good. So please suggest me the good fairness cream.

Thanks in advance:smile:

Kavitha

2. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavitha ,
    Emaami naturally fair fairness cream is good & harmless. .Better u apply some moisturiser before applying fairness cream . It avoids dryness & gives a glow too . Try this & tell me , ok ?
    With love ,
    Indhu .

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kavitha,
    i dont beleive in getting fair when u will be a natural beauty, but yes to arrest the sun burn which darkens many the lakme product is very good, the make up liquid u need to apply a small drop on the back side of ur hand and rub it and chek for the right shade that is it should not look chalk like in application but once u smoothen on the hand it should blend well if it is a little lighter then fine, summer glow i dont know whether it is there in the name but the best test is to apply on the hand and chek, this way u dont sweat, that is u should take a few drops of water and mix it and then apply making it very invisible on ur face, now applying this for a month u will find ur face lighten slowly u can apply powder if u want other wise its fine one its own and all those blemishes also will take a back seat, in between take the help of a good beautician to learn how to bleach ur face, once a month do that, then u can do it urself at home the right time is more important as some burn and darken ur skin so u need to be careful,then get urself some face pack from lotus company clay pack, this is damn good my children have them, so do give ur self more better nourishment like the fruit packs u can do at home and cucumber pack for dark circles home treatment is take some paal adai, add some lemon juice and some besan the kadalai maavu and dilute it then leave it on ur face for sometime and then wash it with cold water...take care and do let me know the result...sunkan

4. meeta012

meeta012 Junior IL'ite

kavitha,
    Hi! Please do not go in for fairnesa creams.....they do not help.
    You'll spend endless money and effort without use.

Instead.why not try to make to most of the wonderful skin you have and spend effort on keeping it so that it personifies beauty?

Changing and maintaining the tonal quality of the skin takes time and effort....not only a hurried wash..and application of a cream twice a day.

Wheatish complexion can dazzle if you follow the 3 golden rules....CTM.
    Cleansing,toning and moisturising.

Since your skin is oily....heres the regime I'd suggest...:

1)As I always advocate..10 glasses of water a day please.

2) Wash your face twice a day....Wet your face with warm water, cleanse, and then rinse with cold water. When choosing a face wash, look for one that contains salicylic acid. The most well-known brands for oily skin are Neutrogena and Cetaphil.

3)Following cleansing, use an astringent or acne-fighting cream to help balance out the skin. If using an astringent, be sure it is not an alcohol-based one and use it only once a day.

4)Whether or not you need to use a moisturizer daily is up to you. If your skin feels overly dry after you wash and apply an acne treatment or astringent, then a moisturizer would be a good idea. Avoid moisturizers with cocoa butter and minerals oils; instead, look for a light, oil-free version, also labeled as noncomedogenic. Finding one that has SPF in it is a great bonus.

5)Once a week, use a clay mask to help clean deep down into your pores. This will help to clean off any extra oil and dead skin cells.

6)Sunscreen is important! Gel versions are the best for those with oily skin.

7) and this is most imp:)...this is what I found over the net...

If you want to lighten your skin, there are many skin lighteners. Choose a well known brand to get the most effective one.Estee Lauder, Clarins, Shisedo, Chanel- all have product lines for brightening skin- mostly sold in asia, but available online. A dermatologist has products that are stronger, too. Be aware, though, that all of these products are limited in what they can do. If you are darker-skinned you will not lighten very much. Besides, the rest of your body is dark- what are you going to do? Dip yourself in skin bleach?!! Consider your situation differently: There is nothing wrong with dark skin- it doesn't need to be fixed!!! As a matter of fact, seeing light skin as the best is an old-fashioned way of looking at beauty. It also denies the beauty of the millions of women who are not born anglo-saxon (white european). The time has come for women who are not blond haired and blue eyed to realize there is power and beauty in their many shades of skin. Many men all over the world have come to see the darker skin as the the most beautiful and exotic. Why don't you stop trying to look like someone else and start looking like the beauty you are. Don't spend your money on things that will only disappoint you- spend your time taking care of your skin. Proper cleaning and moisturizing, along with proper nutrition, will give you a glowing complection. ENHANCE it- DON'T try to change it!

Sorry if it sounds like a sermon
    And warm regards,
    Meeta

1 person likes this.
  5. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavitha ,
    I thought u prefer only fairness creams & not natural home- made things . That's why i suggested that fairness cream which is harmless to some extent as myself have used it . As others say , better u avoid using fairness creams since they contain lot of chemicals . Some of the simple home-made face packs for lightening the skin are :
    curd + oats powder
    smashed saffron (10 strands)
    milk cream + besan floor
    kasa kasaa paste
    milk cream + lemon juice + kasthuri manjal
    tomato juice + multani mitti + lemon juice + adhimadurachaaru
    papaya + curd + sandal powder + rose water .
    Apply anyone of the above pastes on face & neck for 10 to 15 minutes & wash with cold water preferably . Ur complexion is sure to improve .
    wIth love ,
    Indhu .

6. jaya18752002

jaya18752002 Silver IL'ite

Yaa home made one is good thanks indu shri