Fabulous Fifties

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by flowerlady, May 26, 2010.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Why not pick up hobbies and interests we had during our college days and polish them? I know quite a few ladies who are utilising their time by taking or attending hobby classes, giving tuitions and making friends apart from their DHs circle !:thumbsup
    Some have joined Tupperware, Amway and other companies and are enjoying themselves.
    By the time one reaches the fifties the kids have grown up and the lady has plenty of free time if she is a housewife. DH is of course busy climbing the corporate ladder and generally has no time to give to his DW.
    And they may not much to talk about anyway !:biglaugh
    As for myself I surf the net for my hobbies and pick up a lot of info regarding my interests ! Earlier I used to knit , embroider , to tatting a lot, not anymore.
    Please pour in your views about what you do or would like to learn for pure enjoyment.

Last edited: May 26, 2010

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I have just started my Fabulous 60. I am semi retired accountant. I work form home 10 hours per week. I take classes in near by community college.

You are right about developing our old hobbies and start new ones too. It will be nice if we can teach older women to read or surf on the net. I just found out that they are teaching senior citizen about Face Book in our community center.

After learnign all the Instany rasam and sambar powder form Our Recipe Queen Chitra Viswanathan, I am making it and giving to my friends and families.

You can do a lot if you are motivated. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    my mother joined a ladies group which initially met once a week in member's house for satsang,later they started organising meals once a month for kids at local orphanange and now few male members have also joined who help or play with kids .........

initially ,when in college i used to be very annoyed with mom for being absent specially during the time when exam used to be appraching & mothers absence would mean work for me..........

but ,with passage of time i really have come to be thankful to the group for providing emotional support to each other ,keep the ladies busy & in social contact with each other and the social service has given meaning to their lives.............

pragati

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

I am on the threshold of my 60s.I had a passion for art and partly out of necessity as also to pursue my interest I made my hobby a career.And I am happy to see that my children, just like pragati,acknowledge my pursuit as well as encourage me and help me in my dream.