Extreme fatigue during third trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shari2003, Apr 1, 2014.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Hey all,

I'm in beginning my week 35; feeling extremely tired all day for the past 4-5 days. Don't have much trouble driving myself to work, but, at work I find it difficult to sit/ walk/ stand with dull aches in thighs, lower back and pelvic area. The work days are followed by evenings when I am completely drained out and fatigued. I feel stretching pain in the pelvic area too in the late evenings. Not getting enough sleep at night too, barely able to sleep 4-5 hours at night. Do these symptoms indicate an early labor? Do you all feel it too?

2. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

You are already in your 35 th week..one week short of full term. By 36 week your baby will be in full term ,and its ok for you to go into labor. These symptoms are very common around this time..and you have to take enough rest and dont push yourself. If you are able to take leave you should do so. The pelvic bones try to expand getting your body ready for delivery.. This could be painful ,so take care of yourself. Taking a warm bath or sitting in a tub with warm water could relieve this pain .
    Take care

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi shari2003,

Congrats on your healthy pregnancy till week35. I too had similar pains and pulls , but I guess these are nothing to worry and your body is just asking you to rest.. Don't push yourself to do a lot of things.. Relax a lot.

And definitely this is not an indication of early labour.. I had all that you mentioned but still had an induced one. Lots of prayers and good wishes for you and the baby.

4. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Hi shari,

congrats for completing 35 weeks of pregnancy, I would be 35 in next couple of days. I am having all these symptoms as well except backache. I have had upper inner thigh pains since week 30 and now it has become very difficult to turn sides during sleeping. I keep pillows between my legs which helps a bit. It becomes worse in the evenings. Fatigue and sleepless nights for me as well. I hardly sleep for 6 hrs on good days, last time my ob told me baby is head down. I hope I get to be as much active as I can. So I too feel the same symptoms :)

Good luck to you,

nidhi