1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Sensory Perception (esp)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thankyou so much for writing in. And thanks for the explanations. Shanvy would like to know your personal exp on the same

Regards,
    Devika

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Devika,

well few of my experiences are listed there. just check the link i had provided.

I will just talk about the latest just a few days back.
    My son came to me, saying he has headache. i said come here let me see that, i just held his temples, he felt better and I had a splitting headache later. it happens to me...when veda or the kids are sick, just touching them, transfers most of the pain to me..(I don't know if this comes under anything explainable.....but from what i have read and heard, pschics turn out to be good healers...)

One of my friends while chatting told me she was having a function on friday in april..some day. I just told her no, don't have it on friday, push it to sunday. she said i don't have the time on sunday. i said don't do it on friday. later, i was worried, did I go overboard, went and picked up the calender (we call it panchangam..and we follow the timings precisely) and i see that particular friday was karinaal and ashtami, (a day when we don't do anything new,special poojas) and the rest of the saturday was navami when we don't do anything. I had not seen the calendar and was not aware of the days when i was chatting with her.

So many things beyond the logical and practical thinking.

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    Even I have had such experiences! In those days, I was seriously into meditation and also Gayathri Japa.(I contiue to practice meditation even now, though due to such visions, I had discontinued for some period) Even during my waking periods, I used to get flashes. I vividly remember them even to this day as though it happened just now though these were in period 2001-2003.
    The first such vision was , one of our fellow apartment resident's wife was panicky and tensed up. It so happened that within a few days, her husband had some discomfort in the chest region and was rushed to a hospital. There it was diagnosed as mild heart problem. He was in ICU for a few days and later was discharged after a thorough check-up and some medication advice.
    The second was I got a flash that my very close friend, a doctor is crying inconsolably. The next day, which happened to be a Friday, she came to me in a sorrowful mood saying that she could not perform her routine abishekam to the tiny vigrahas she had at home which she had been doing unfailingly all these years every Friday. I heaved a sigh of relief that was nothing serious and I consoled her. Within ten days of this incident, her husband who visits Sabarimala every year died of heart attack after the Darshan of Swamy Ayyappa in the cottage within the vicinity of the Holy Hill. ( I have dedicated a poem to this friend in the 'Poems' forum. )

Code:
    This time it was of some body lying down , I couldn’t see the face but the person who died had blue shorts and a white cloth flying over him and I was there in the scene crying.
    Similar to your above quoted incident I too had exactly the same vision as narrated by you except that no details of the person was visible, hot even his dress colour. I was terribly worried this time since earlier, my visions had come true. Within a few days, I got the information that my neice's husband had been shot due to mistaken identity though the motive till date remains a mystery. He battled for life with multiple organ failure and then succumbed to it.
    I also had some good visions. One morning, I could visualise two halves of a coconut the insides shining like gold! My husband, who goes on official tours had been to Mumbai and when he reyurned, he had a coconut which he said had been received from the priest of Mumbai Siddhi Vinayak temple! He had been asked to keep itin the puja room! And to this day, the coconut is there in the puja room!
    After this, I have not had any visions. But, intutions, I have had lots and continue to have them every now and then, like some warning from my inner being, when there is a likelihood of something going wrong.
    Code:
    My intuition was right .Oh how I wish I had sent the face of the person How I wish I had seen the shorts that kid was wearing I could have probably forewarned him. Probably averted this Oh God ! How I wish I could have stopped it.

When I told about my vision to my doctor friend after 6 or 7 months of the incident happening, she asked why I had not told her about it earlier so that the incident could have been averted. I told her that what had to happen HAD TO HAPPEN. It could not have been prevented. And that is very true. I believe that.
    Regards,
    Malathi

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy

Thanks a ton for sharing your experiences with me! I completely agree wit your statement that so many things beyond our logical and practical reasoning! I too have heard that psychics do have healing hands . What a power! Completely amazes me!

Regards,

Devika

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Thankyou for writing in.Your incidents sent shivers down me. Such amazingly wonderful powers!!. There is no reasoning to this phenomenon.
    I am sorry about your doctor friends husband.Shall definitely read your poem on the same. Yes Malathi I too find solace in the fact that what is destined will happen, so probably i couldnt have averted it as I wished to. Infact I was sick a few days back and my Mom who was outstation got some intuition about my health and she called up to check out. She said shes been feeling all day that something is wrong with me..Of course I denied it because she had gone for a wedding and I didnt want to spoil her trip. But such amazing powers literally leave you speechless!!

Regards,
    Devika

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Devika,

Do read the other thread, there are experiences of many members.

Though they are healing hands, they cannot heal themselves.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Malathi,

Nice to know,that you have intuitions and premonitions. You can develop on it.

But one think i would like to tell you, there are times, when we can foresee what is going to happen, but cannot help it. maybe reduce the fierceness of a situation.
    But this is only my perception, others may differ on the same.

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thankyou so much for introducing me to the connecting thread. There are so many experiences.
    It doesnt always have to be something grave ,could be even something like a person's arrival, cancellation of a trip, the health of your child or spouse going astray.

All these incidents just strengthen the belief of some very powerful forces within us.

Regards,
    Devika

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    In intense meditation, these things are possible. I wouldn't call these intuition or premonitions.These are things which are visualised all of a sudden, that too when we are very much awake. These things pass through our mind or inner vision in a flash of a second. We start wondering, why this vision all of a sudden when we were doing something totally different and were not even thinking about these people at the time. (In fact during one of these visions I was reading a book.)
    After my best friend lost her husband, I discontinued meditation for a few months. Now I am practising it regularly but I have got rid of these visions. Thank God for that! Intuition is something different from the above experience. Our inner mind seems to warn of some thing. That is what I feel is intuition.
    Code:
     Nice to know,that you have intuitions and  premonitions. You can develop on it. 
    Shanthi, I do not want develop on this art. That is how the so called, self proclaimed spiritual leaders get their powers-Through meditation. Later on, they start predicting the future of the hapless people who throng them in thousands. In the beginning, due to the power of meditation, their sayings come out true. Then they become greedy and start fleecing the innocent people. That is how they lose the power which they had gained through meditation and meander away from the goal for which they had started meditation.
    My aim for practicing meditation in the first place was to get out of depression. I had taken my doctor's advice seriously. I desperately wanted to come out of my sufferings and I devoutly practiced meditation whenever I found tim1. And that was how I landed myself in such a predicament, if you can call it so! but the experiences which I went through in meditation got me interested in reading various books. Ultimately it led me to reading the upanishads. That is when I realised the real aim of meditation. And I have started on that mission. It may seek ages or even many births to achieve that goal. But I am determined to seek that aim.
    Regards,
    Malathi

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Malathi,
    Yes, with intense meditation these things are possible.

I can understand what you mean. I get visions when I am shopping in a shopping mall about the person I see there, even if I don't know them.

You are lucky to get rid of these visions. I am carrying it from childhood and all of them have happened.

I definitely say this is what most self proclaimed leaders do. there are too many greedy ones. I even had a friend who used to tell me and veda "Pesama vellaiya vittuttu thunda podunga...i will be your manager" that is how they do. I feel a gift should be used positive for the benefits without any expectations.

palana ethirparkaamal.... the expectation is what leads to all faults and problems later.
    I think you have a responsibility towards the gift.(if i can call it one..)

Keep meditating.... and attain your goal..it is not too far away.