1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra marital relationships

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 9, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear riya
    I have the greatest admiration for Akbar the Great. I am happy that he did not embark on a Royal Programme of marrying all the widows in his Kingdom to provide them honourable livelihood. I wrote about the sulking women whom I have witnessed in my younger days. I do not write anything on mere conjecture. Further I was merely presenting the facts as I had known them. I never tried to be judgemental about it.

If science comes up with concoctions that would make polygamy safe, who am I to stand in the way? Nature will sure keep winning all its 'unnatural' battles. That is what it is planning to do anyway. I have absolutely no issues with either polygamy or EMR. I have successfully resisted both for 47 years and I hope that Nature will not upset my plan to stay that way for the rest of my life!
    Sri

2. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

I get your point of view and neither was my post to offend people who believe in Monogamy nor to call you judgemental. I was just presenting my views though I feel I am addressing a wrong audience who could potentially bash me for my thoughts.

If a person wants to believe that monogamy is the best path, they are free to believe so. By this, I dont mean to say you are judgemental. Just that I am not convinced that monogamy is the ideal path while history has several examples where people have adopted a form other than monogamy and that form has worked just as well for them.

Humans with all the reasoning ability, are a species that does not know where they come from before birth and where they go to after death. If monogamy is argued as the ideal form now, this may no longer hold true 500 years later. We dont know what nature intends.

Newton once said -I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

I am quoting Newton just as reality check for the sense of superiority some people hold just because they are born as 'Humans with reasoning power'

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear riya
    I too get your point of view and I am not in conflict with it. Nobody will bash you for presenting your thoughts in this Forum. On the contrary I admire your courage to state something that is in contravention of how majority of people look at it. Kudos to you.
    That quote of Newton is indeed very profound. We are all standing at the brink of a great ocean of truth. Some of us do not even know that we are standing before such an ocean!
    Sri

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    I happened to read a small story in a book.Whether relevant or not, I was reminded of your snippet on EMR.
    Here it is.
    Though the entire response is in English, I chose to reply in Tamil as I had no time to translate the story in English.Kindly excuse.
    Those who talk in favour of EMR may not care for such stories.

ஒரு ஞானியை அணுகிய சீடன், காதலுக்கும் திருமணத்திற்கும் உள்ள வித்தியாசம் என்னவெனக் கேட்டான். அதற்கு அந்த ஞானி, "அது இருக்கட்டும். முதலில் நீ ரோஜாத் தோட்டத்துக்குப் போ. அங்கே உனக்கு எது உயரமான ரோஜாச் செடி என்று தோன்றுகிறதோ, அதை எடுத்துக் கொண்டு வா. ஆனால் ஒரு நிபந்தனை. நீ எக்காரணம் கொண்டும் போன வழியே திரும்பி வரக் கூடாது." என்றார்.

கிளம்பிய சீடன் சிறிது நேரம் கழித்து வெறும் கையுடன் வந்தான். ஞானி, "எங்கே உன்னைக் கவர்ந்த உயரமான செடி? " என்று கேட்டார். சீடன் சொன்னான், "குருவே, வயலில் இறங்கி நடந்த போது முதலில் உயரமான ஒரு செடி என்னைக் கவர்ந்தது. அதை விட உயரமான செடி இருக்கக் கூடும் என்று தொடர்ந்து நடந்தேன். இன்னும்[B] [/B][B]உயரமான[/B][B] [/B][B]ரோஜாச்[/B][B] [/B][B]செடிகள்[/B][B] [/B][B]தென்பட்டன[/B][B].[/B][B] [/B][B]அவற்றை[/B][B] [/B][B]விட[/B][B] [/B][B]உயரமான[/B][B] [/B][B]செடிகள்[/B][B] [/B][B]இருக்கக்[/B][B] [/B][B]கூடுமென[/B][B] [/B][B]மேலும்[/B][B][B] [/B][B][B]நடந்தேன்[/B][B][B]. [/B][B]அதன்[/B][B][B] [/B][B][B]பிறகு[/B][B][B] [/B][B]தென்பட்டதெல்லாம்[/B][B] [/B][B]குட்டையான[/B][B] [/B][B]ரோஜாச்[/B][B] [/B][B]செடிகளே[/B][B]. [/B][B]வந்த[/B][B] [/B][B]வழியே[/B][B] [/B][B]திரும்ப[/B][B] [/B][B]வரக்கூடாது[/B][B][B] [/B][B]என்பதால்[/B][B] [/B][B]முன்னர்[/B][B] [/B][B]பார்த்த[/B][B] [/B][B]உயரமான[/B][B][B] [/B][B]செடியையும்[/B][B] [/B][B]கொண்டு[/B][B] [/B][B]வர[/B][B] [/B][B]முடியாமல்[/B][B] [/B][B]போய்[/B][B] [/B][B]விட்டது[/B][B][B]."[/B][B]
    [/B][B]புன்முறுவலோடு[/B][B] [/B][B]ஞானி[/B][B] [/B][B]சொன்னார்[/B][B], "[/B][B]இது[/B][B] [/B][B]தான்[/B][B] [/B][B]காதல்[/B][B]!".[/B][B]

[/B][B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B] [SIZE=2][B]பின்னர்[/B][B] [/B][B]ஞானி[/B][B], "[/B][B]சரி[/B][B] [/B][B]போகட்டும்[/B][B], [/B][B]அதோ[/B][B] [/B][B]அந்த[/B][B] [/B][B]வயலில்[/B][B] [/B][B]சென்று[/B][B] [/B][B]உன்[/B][B] [/B][B]கண்ணுக்கு[/B][B] [/B][B]அழகாகத்[/B][B] [/B][B]தெரிகின்ற[/B][B] [/B][B]ஒரு[/B][B] [/B][B]சூரிய[/B][B] [/B][B]காந்திச்[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியைப்[/B][B] [/B][B]பிடுங்கி[/B][B] [/B][B]வா[/B][B]. [/B][B]ஆனால்[/B][B] [/B][B]இப்போது[/B][B] [/B][B]கூடுதலாக[/B][B] [/B][B]ஒரு[/B][B] [/B][B]நிபந்தனை[/B][B]. [/B][B]ஒரு[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியைப்[/B][B] [/B][B]பிடுங்கிய[/B][B] [/B][B]பின்[/B][B] [/B][B]வேறு[/B][B] [/B][B]ஒரு[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியைப்[/B][B] [/B][B]பிடுங்கக்[/B][B] [/B][B]கூடாது[/B][B]."[/B][B].. [/B][B]சிறிது[/B][B] [/B][B]நேரத்தில்[/B][B] [/B][B]சீடன்[/B][B] [/B][B]ஒரு[/B][B] [/B][B]சூரிய[/B][B] [/B][B]காந்திச்[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியுடன்[/B][B] [/B][B]வந்தான்[/B][B]. [/B][B]ஞானி[/B][B] [/B][B]கேட்டார்[/B][B], "[/B][B]இது[/B][B] [/B][B]தான்[/B][B] [/B][B]அந்தத்[/B][B] [/B][B]தோட்டத்திலேயே[/B][B][B] [/B][B]அழகான[/B][B] [/B][B]சூரிய[/B][B] [/B][B]காந்திச்[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியா[/B][B]? "[/B][/B][/SIZE]
    [B] [SIZE=2][B] [/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][B]சீடன்[/B][B] [/B][B]சொன்னான்[/B][B][B], "[/B][B]இல்லை[/B][B] [/B][B]குருவே[/B][B], [/B][B]இதை[/B][B] [/B][B]விட[/B][B] [/B][B]அழகான[/B][B] [/B][B]செடிகள்[/B][B] [/B][B]இருக்கின்றன[/B][B][B]. [/B][B]ஆனால்[/B][B] [/B][B]முதல்[/B][B] [/B][B]முறை[/B][B] [/B][B]கோட்டை[/B][B] [/B][B]விட்டது[/B][B] [/B][B]போல்[/B][B] [/B][B]இந்த[/B][B] [/B][B]முறையும்[/B][B][B] [/B][B]விட்டு[/B][B] [/B][B]விடக்[/B][B] [/B][B]கூடாது[/B][B] [/B][B]என்ற[/B][B] [/B][B]அச்சத்தில்[/B][B] [/B][B]முகப்பிலேயே[/B][B] [/B][B]எனக்கு[/B][B] [/B][B]அழகாகத்[/B][B] [/B][B]தோன்றிய[/B][B][B] [/B][B]இந்த[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியைப்[/B][B] [/B][B]பிடுங்கி[/B][B] [/B][B]வந்து[/B][B] [/B][B]விட்டேன்[/B][B]. [/B][B]நிபந்தனைப்படி[/B][B][B], [/B][B]ஒரு[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியைப்[/B][B] [/B][B]பிடுங்கியபின்[/B][B][B] [/B][B]வேறு[/B][B] [/B][B]செடியைப்[/B][B][B] [/B][B]பிடுங்கக்[/B][B] [/B][B]கூடாது[/B][B] [/B][B]என்பதால்[/B][B][B] [/B][B][B]அதன்[/B][B] [/B][B]பிறகு[/B][B] [/B][B]இதை[/B][B] [/B][B]விட[/B][B] [/B][B]அழகான[/B][B] [/B][B]செடிகளை[/B][B] [/B][B]நான்[/B][B] [/B][B]பார்த்தபோதும்[/B][B][B] [/B][B]பறிக்கவில்லை[/B][B][B]"… [/B][B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B] [SIZE=2][B]இப்போது[/B][B] [/B][B]ஞானி[/B][B] [/B][B]சொன்னார்[/B][B][B], "[/B][B][B]இது[/B][B] [/B][B]தான்[/B][B][B] [/B][B]திருமணம்[/B][B][B]”.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]

Jayasala 42

[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]