1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with one earring!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aishu22, Feb 15, 2008.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Prabha,
    Thanks for the reply..

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aishu,
    Your story is really a nice one and it reminded me about this kind of missing earring stuffs.
    Yeah, me too love earrings and love to change it too often....pearl and diamonds are my favorite too. On my 23 rd B'Day, my mom gifted me a pair of diamond studs with 4 beautiful diamonds on each one.....that was my fav at that time. On June 6 th of 2005, I had my best frds marriage and the Mandap was near to my Institute, so I planned to go to the mandap directly from Institute and planned to change in my relative's house. So, everything went well that day and I went to my relative's house for change and she had already asked her beutician neighbour to dress me up for this wedding. So, me and Didi went to their flat and I took off my (I was wearing my diamond earring)eaarrings and kept them in the box (it has already several pairs which I took with me to show Didi) and the lady made me dressed up very nicely after which I went to my frds wedding.
    The very next day while preparing for Institute, as I was late I just took that box and put them in the purse to wear a pair earring in lab. I reached lab and while searching the purse I just found I had one diamond earring missing from the pair. I was so shocked....searched that small box several times.....called mom to inform abt it...and she searched the whole of my room but could not get that one...asked didi for the same and then she went to the beautician's home to search for the missing one but she also failed to find that one.
    Middle of the day, with heavy heart, i came back to my home and then while taking off my eye-lenses, I got one of the missing pair in that.......I was so happy then.....I called up everybody to inform about it and everybody were happy......
    Then, I tried to solve the mistery.....while in my sister's home, I just went for a bath and put off the lenses in my lense case. In the beautician's home I put my lenses in my eyes and then took off the earrings and while putting them in their box, I put one in the lens case which was near to the earring box......I got a good scolding from my mom as she had to spend around 3-4 hours in cleaning up the mess which she had made while searching for the missing one......
    Now, I am a little careful though but still things used to miss more often now......

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearie Aishu
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.. thanks so much for sharing..You have a really good style..Oh the earring.. many a time have i lost it and found it and gone with one ear etc...I mean earring in one ear.kind of changed after kid came and then i wore one and stayed with one for a long long time since no time to change.. so nice of you to write about earring and the college story..

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

I really loved reading ur post. I also have some missing one earrings from my college days that have gotten lost. It brought back my memories how mine were gone. Nice write up. :thumbsup

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aishu,
    Very well written up!!
    It made me to remember by collage days where I had a fight with my mom and due to this I didn't get any ear-rings to wear for days together.

Regards.

6. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

hi Aishu,
    Nice read that... I like bangles more than earrings... ( personally, am too lazy to change my earrings everyday...:hide so I tote the same one for ages together... My husband's aunt is famous ( read as infamous) for misplacing jewellery she'd stove it under the pillow, sometimes inside the pillow cover and later search high and low for it... Doubts, suspicion and allegations follow...the target being the poor maid... I feel very annoyed at such times... Ultimately it turns up and she'd apologise to the maid... and tell her to forget it as an old woman's idiosyncraises! Rant

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Tht s funny!! I buy so many earrings and misplace them all! I have so much of one earrings, and dont know what to do with them!!

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice write up, aishu!

This happens in everybody's life but the way you had described it, is awesome!

I was afraid to read seeing the title because 'one-sided' earring means 'something' here!

sriniketan

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aishu

Good experience. Good that u had a friend to lend her earing.

I too had lost my gold earing but dont know when and where i lost. The earing was bought by my son in law when i was in Dubai last year. Last Feb we had gonet o Dubai and i lost it last year must be in August or September dont remember.. One fine morning i noticed that only one earing is there and the other one is missing . I searched everywhere but did not get it. I felt very bad but what to do with one earing . So i gave that and my ring and bought a new pair of earings.

10. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Aishu ma’am

[FONT=&quot]Losing small stuffs is a common happening but the way you have described the whole scene is hilarious!! Big Laugh I have not experienced anything like that, may be for two reasons I think. I am very lazy to change my pair of earrings often bonk n I don’t have a craze for them. I don’t remember losing anything n hearing suprabhatams from my mom. Even for a pen or pencil too :). My amma used to tell this proudly to others when I was in primary classes, “she never loses her things nor brings in others.” Now don’t think I am too good a daughter.. There are lots of many other things about me that makes my mom’s energy to go waste. But I can say, I am careful in taking care of my precious stuffs especially key chains, soft toys, pens.... Even today, I like my favo pens to be used only by me. Now again, i am not a kanjoos. I have other pens to give if someone asks me. Enjoyed your write-up!! :clap:clap

Love
    Meena

[/FONT]