Expecting Moms - Please advise on clothes & items to buy for baby due in Dec 2014

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by InduPavan, Sep 8, 2014.

1. InduPavan

InduPavan New IL'ite

Dear Expecting Moms,

Our baby is due in Dec 2014 and we are in the process of putting together the list of items to buy for baby in US ..

Here are my questions :

1. Do you really need to buy NB size or move directly to 0-3 m ?
    2. Which car seat is more convenient for baby ? Where to buy at good price ?
    3. Is it advisable to use organic diapers or normal would do ?
    4. What kind of winter clothing to buy for a NB ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thought on this :)

1 person likes this.

2. OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice Bronze IL'ite

Eagerly waiting for replies....me too due in Dec 14.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I think for taking babies out in the winter, a bunting is a good idea. You can google but I think this one looks really good:

[​IMG]
    You dress the baby and then put this on top and if it is really bad out you can also put a blanket over it. I like buntings because the baby can kick around but they are securely protected from the cold.

2 people like this.
  4. OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice Bronze IL'ite

hi InduPavan,
    As my due is also in december...m looking for answers to same questions.I talked with ma frnds who bcome mom here in USA.As far now what i understand will tell you...still looking for more info.If you get let me know :)

Here are my questions :
    1. Do you really need to buy NB size or move directly to 0-3 m ?
    My frnds advice is buy 0-3m..baby grows fast.

2. Which car seat is more convenient for baby ? Where to buy at good price ?
    frnd suggested..."Grako click connect travel system antiquity" it also comes with stroller and car seat has support for baby neck...google it.Look foe online lyk amazon...frnd purchased it fm babys r us.Also purchase blanket which is specially designed for car seat.

3. Is it advisable to use organic diapers or normal would do ?
    normal are also fine but if u r more conscious and have money budget then organic is also good option.Frnd suggested me Pampers brand with size 0 NB....and purchased it frm amazon in bulk like 150...good deal.

4. What kind of winter clothing to buy for a NB ?
    u will need sleepers,on top of it bodysuits,and shop for winter special clothes which u may need when you go outside lyk for Doc appointments i also dont hav much idea on this...hats,mittens,receiving blankets.

Also there are things which we discussed are..
    check for breast pump in insurance,u may need it in first few days bcoz body produces lots of milk and it needs to be taken out,if u try it by hands then it hurts so better to hav breast pump.
    Nursing pad...for leaky boobs.
    buy humidifier and purifiers
    Bath tub for baby
    Also look for Pack and play ,Fisherprice snugmonkey craddle & swing,Fisherprice bouncer....just hav a look if u feel that u need these items u can buy it.

How u r going to keep baby in bed or bassinet??
    M thinking to keep baby on bed with me just like indian style..bcoz u get so exhausted it bcomes very difficult to lift baby every time to feed and keep in bassinet or other things.M planning to order baby bed which has support to baby neck frm 3 sides...which is may not b available here is us.

M still discovering... :)

Thanks in advance for sharing your thought on this :)[/QUOTE]