1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Excessive Ear Wax- Home remedies/medication?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Sakshi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

My baby is about 5 months old and has a lot of wax build up in his ears. Docs here do not prescribe any drops to help the situation. My daughter has the same issue as well. Recently, we had to get her ears flushed to loosen the hard wax from her ear canal. It was a torture! I believe the wax affects her hearing too. I wanted to know if you had any home remedies that would help the situation. I am aware that ear wax is not a bad thing but too much of it is causing the problem. My hubby is in India right now and I was wondering if there were any over-the-counter medication that would soften the wax that he could get from India? I got Murine wax removal system here but that requires flushing the ear with warm water. My daughter is terrified of that thing as well. I've searched the web and most of the home remedies sound scary..hydrogen peroxide, paraffin wax etc. So any suggestion for my baby and my princess?

Thank you..
    Sakshi..:)

2. sussane

sussane New IL'ite

Hi,

You can try Soliwax available OTC in india . My dd when 2 had the same problem so the paeditrician advised to put it atleast 4 times a day gradually after using it for 3-4 days wax loosens and comes out on its own. rest u can google and find more about soliwax.

3. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Sussane,

Thank you so much! I sure will ask my hubby to get it. Appreciate your respone.

Sakshi..:)

4. drpriya

drpriya New IL'ite

Hi My son too has same problem. My father is an Ayurvedic physician, he only suggested me this and got gud result. You will "SOLVIN" ear drops , one or two drops are enough it will autonmatically remove wax from ears

priya

Thank you so much! I sure will ask my hubby to get it. Appreciate your respone.

Sakshi..:)[/QUOTE]