1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everyday Heroes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sundarusha, Mar 5, 2010.

1. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi TL,

you are welcome, dear. Right now, it has been raining in my city continuosly for the last three days. It must be because of some good deeds happening around here:)

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

thanks for sharing the story about the beggar donating to the Tsunami fund. Isn't he rich in heart?
    Reading about such heart warming stories itself makes us feel like we must do something good in our power. What if the TV channels broadcast more of such stories rather than concentrating on only scandals might motivate more people? Waiting for that day...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Indeed a special lady! Like I mentioned in Bhargavi's fb, if TV channels broadcast more of such stories, there might be more good happening in this world.
    Thanks Mindi.

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

My hunt for positive news continued this week. This week it is little seven year old Carlos's heroic action that lifted my spirits.

While gunmen tore through his house and held his parents at gunpoint, Carlos grabbed his little sister and called 911 showing poise and quick thinking. He described to the dispatcher that some men have barged into their home and were going to kill his parents. "Can you come really fast and bring soldiers too" is what he told the dispatcher. He will be awarded the 911 kids medal of honor for saving the lives of his family. What a great kid!