1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every woman needs to have her own financial independence

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ragini25, Sep 14, 2012.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

My personal opinion: Working to women should come naturally especially after marriage and should have some support system.

There are 4 kinds of possibilities I have seen:

1. Working woman balancing b/w work and home - Either great career or great kids upbringing or both

2. Working woman successful only in career and keeping family in back burner.

3. A homemaker who makes a happy house raising happy kids (yeah,thats me !)

4. A homemaker who sits at home and is depressed.

There are many sub-possibilities also. Like some working woman hardly have energy to focus on their dressing nor grooming themselves. Likewise, not all homemakers are dressed in gaudy outfits or wear nighty the whole day or watch the saas-bahu serials the whole day.

After a long break I have taken to studies but not able to deal with the stress. It is not natural for me to handle it. It could be different for everyone.

I had a very close friend during school whose mom was a homemaker. My friend would always look dressed nicely, eat good food and well taken care of. Whereas me (and my sibling) would eat whatever was possible. I always want to be there for my kids whether they would appreciate it or not in future. I want to do something which gives me the joy.

I have stopped worrying and not getting into discussions with such working women who are hell bent on proving that only working women are the perfect in the whole wide world. Now I can talk about n number of things which such working women are missing. Well, Im a happy,confident homemaker you see,,,,,so the list is long.....!!

So dearies yeh jo world hai na, yeh 3 things pe chalta hai ......ipriorities,priorites and priorities !!!

6 people like this.
  2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Just a minor thing:

We don't say "I dont eat food at all, Everyone is different".
    We don't say "I dont like any entertainment in life, Everyone is different".

Everyone is NOT that different in basic things. Everyone needs certain basic necessities in life.
    There is no free lunch I suppose. Some give, Some take. Give and take. :)

2 people like this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

No madam I am not being defensive. Nor am I saying that this is not a relevant discussion. My point of view is plain and simple- you work if you want to and you feel the need to be financially independent. But for those who don't work again it is their wish. Yes working does enable women in many ways but some people are happy and content sitting at home. I also think I am wasting my time writing the same thing again and again.

2 people like this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Parvathi,
    Can your hubby also work if he wants to and sit at home and not work for some years since he wants a "break"? Can he do that? If he does that, what happens?

Would you mind telling me why he cannot work if he wants to or sit at home if he wants to?
    What if he comes and tells you, "Dear parvathi, I have come to the conclusion that I am happy and content to sit at home"?
    Why is it that only you get that "choice"?

If you can answer this, then it becomes clearer for discussing.
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

5. parvathi1980

He did not have the option...the reason was very simple...he was earning much much more than me! So i quit to be with my son.

OK. Happy?

6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

I am neither happy nor sad about it :)
    My question is more of a "What if" futuristic? You answered it in the past context. I am asking "what if" futuristic.

7. parvathi1980

Yes he can quit. I never knew my life was so interesting;-)

8. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Dear Pragati

My intentions were never hitting you eother emotionally ...... if you have felt so sorry

9. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

I agree with you Ragini. But again, may be if the family is financially in sound status without much worry about the salary date in the beginning of the month, it could be possible that wife can prefer to manage the family.

That is absolutely their personal choice and i believe that is what parvathi might be trying to say.

And more over, the example you are giving can also happen even when wife is working. A cunning husband may say, "darling, since you are already working, i wish to sit back at home. Why should we both run like horses every day":spin

So its the couple's understanding and nothing more.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Wasted - not because you decided not to work. But I have seen girls ( some of my friends and few cousin) who are talented ,did not try to look for a job after finishing degree.Then they complain about getting bored etc. It is easy to just sit and whine. You(They) can not get job just sitting there and doing nothing!

Also I did not say that the seat could have been used by a MAN. And all the examples you have given do not apply to a Seat got wasted. I did not mean to offend anyone and educated women can take better decision on what is good for them, I am not against anyone not working. In fact I am happy for those woman who can spend more time with their kids and are not bound to the time.

I believe that after doing 4 years of Engineering, you should at least work for (1-3) years depending on your situation. And I surely did not mean to offend anyone. I respect every person and as an adult every one is capable of taking their own decisions.