1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every New Day Is Another Chance To Change Your Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 26, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for your lovely feedback

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I had wished you in your Anniversary thread too Vijima. In case you missed that, wishing you a wonderful anniversary and many many more to come. Loved the sweet Pongal and capsicum recipe too. Hope you had a wonderful day.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    A nephew of mine once told me that he learnt a lot from my old age. I was quite pleased and asked him what has he learnt from me. He said 'I have learnt from you the qualities I must avoid when I get old!' I was deflated like a punctured balloon.
    Old age may have all the beauty that you list out but the crux of the matter is whether we possess those qualities. I have seen old people who make everyone run for cover on seeing them. Of all the qualities an old person must have, the most important is dignity. It can be easily earned by keeping our mouth shut.
    Sri

iyerviji and jayasala42 like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

What Cheeniya Sir has said is entirely correct.My father who lived upto 95 years very often said'Advice should not be given unless sought for".

Jayasala42

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry dear for not acnowledging that post, I dont know how I missed it. Thanks for your wishes and glad you liked the pongal and capsicum recipe, ya I had a wonderful day sitting athome and enjoyed the lunch and dinner with my husband. Earlier everyone used to phone but now whatsapp messages and fb msgs only

jskls likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna glad to get your feedback. Very very true anna, in our days we used to listen to elders and parents and act according to their wishes , but now a days to be dignified we have to be quiet, especially mother in laws should not interfere in their son's life, if we leave them to live according to their choice then we mother in laws are the best. In that way I have earned a good name from my daughter in law as I dont interfere and if anything is there tell my son because he listens to me. NOt that she does not listen but I felt better to go through my son

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true Akka, thanks for your feedback