1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every great success requires some kind of struggle to get there.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 11, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Most great things in your life won’t happen by chance, they will happen by choice
    1. It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed or if you’ve been beaten. All that matters is that you learn something, get back up, and try again. Because winning is a good feeling, but winning when nobody else thought you could is an awesome feeling.
    Slowly I am getting used to the Laptop and Tablet which my son presented me. The only trouble is since I had worked as a Typist and Steno for 38 yrs my fingers are very fast on the key board and sometimes dont know where the cursor is, in that I click something and a new window opens. Now this post I am typing from the Laptop. By next month my net connection to my computer expires , so I have to stop using it.

Also last month my daughter gifted me a Samsung Touch phone , so now getting used to that also I had taken to Bangalore and while in the train I could not get the ringtones and also when my sister phoned could not hear her. Sought help from some people there but noone could help me out. Luckily sms was working and could send messages to my niece and the train was also four hour
    Mists late. Somehow my nephew made it alright and I could use it while coming back. Niece added me in Whatsapp but for that if my laptop is on only I get messages. Everyone says you try clicking something,like that only you will learn but then if something goes wrong I only have to struggle.

I think since my son gifted me Tablet my digital camera got angry and its not working. So now learnign to take photos from Tablet and uploading wherever I want.

This is what I learnt

1. Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you’re one step closer to your goal. The only mistake that can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you’re too scared to make a mistake.
    2. Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
    3. No matter how many mistakes you make, or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
    4. Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses.
    5. Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future; not cause you to be afraid of it
    Now another promotion for me and my dh, not of becoming grandparents but shifting our house , now we are in ground floor and shifting to 3rd floor. Hope in another two years we get our own house as this is the 3rd house we are shifting in four years. Some said dont shift its 3rd floor , but getting a house has become difficult .Its God's decision and He will take care and give us strength to go up and down. From the time I got married have been staying in Ground floor and this is the first time in third floor and that too without lift.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible

10 people like this.

2. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

Very encouraging post .....Nicely written.......:)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread and thanks for making my day with your first like and appreciation

1 person likes this.
  4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Viji Ma
    YES,
    No Thing (Nothing) is impossible to a willing heart.
    This is your way of appreciable approach to the road of success.Well written.[​IMG]
    Thanks for popping up.

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Saroj dear glad to see you here. Thanks for making my day with your appreciation but sad that only two fbs so far. Dont know when I will be able to write better and get more fbs, might not be in this birth, only next birth I think. This birth I am able to win hearts with my love and not by my write ups. :)

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    I saw your post dated 11th May only today. It is really wonderful mail of self assessment, which is a true way to success.In old days promotions depended on C. R. ( confidential Reports given by bosses or senior officers). For the past 15 to 20 years , self assessment Reports, and sincerely weighing one's own pros and cons matter a lot. It gives room to rectify one's own errors without being pointed out by anybody and leads to Personality Development of the individual and the corporate.

Your mail is fine example of 'Self assessment.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear sorry for the late reply and glad to see you here with your lovely comment and thanks for the nomination which made my day. Glad you liked my post and thought worthy ofnomination.

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

With that spirit, who can stop this embodied posse of strength , determination, faith passing through and in you. Nice write-up!

1 person likes this.
  9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma,

Nice post.

I too struggle with these smart phones and still love the basic model. Sometimes, the touch sensor is too sensitive or fast and even more annoying is the auto correct feature(I know we can turn it off, but, it is helpful in completing half typed words).

We live in the 6th floor and on days when the elevator is not working, I used to dread taking the stairs. Going down is easy, but climbing up is a big effort. But, it is good to take stairs, for it is easy exercise and good for health too :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    Now we know your secret of your success...trying trying till you get it right :thumbsup:
    Your enthusiasm is infectious.
    Beautiful and encouraging post.

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.