Events in Delhi - What is happening around you?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by SoniaVerma, Mar 20, 2009.

1. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

Hi Jagjit Singh Fans!!!

There is a wonderful bit of news!! The ghazal maestro, Jagjit Singh, will be performing LIVE at Jhankar Gardens on March 21, 2010, Sunday. This programme, titled “Jazbaat” will start from 7 pm onwards.
    Jhankaar Gardens is situated on Mehrauli Gurgaon Road, near Aya Nagar Metro Station.

The tickets are priced at Rs 1000, Rs 2000, Rs 3000 and Rs 4000.
    For ticket bookings, you can contact 9811109809; 9811193011; 9811320035

I would like to share another good news—this one for the Kebab fans!! Hotel Radisson on National Highway 8 will host a Kebab Fair till March 31, Wednesday.

:thumbsup

2. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Dear Amrita,

I too am excited about the Kebab Fair!! We, Kebab Fans, can enjoy a feast at the Kebab Fair, with our friends and family. Lets flock to the Great Kebab Factory, Hotel Radisson, Mahipalpur (Phn – 26779191).

I have also come to know of a theatrical production going to be staged from March 18, 2010, Thursday, to March 21, 2010, Sunday at Abhimanch Audiorium, NSD. This production, titled “Doobi Ladki”, is a blend of three famous short stories by Gogol, namely, The Nose, The Overcoat and A Night in May. This will be presented by Bhanu Bharti, the renowned theatre director.
    :wave

3. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

I happen to know a bit about the play “Doobi Ladki”. This is a simple love story set in the Betab Nagar Mohalla in Bihar. The story is portrayed in a multi-dimensional backdrop of the magical and supernatural world of human complexities. The Betab Nagar Mohalla has all kinds of people living together. Barbers, tailors, drunkards, “munshi”s, clerks, constables, all live along with the more elite class of the society.
    Behind this apparently lively mohalla, builds up a tragic story of the “Doobi Ladki”. The tale begins when a mother enters the mohalla with her daughter with the intention of living there.
    I plan to catch this play on Saturday!
    :cheers

4. amritasharma

Dear All,

The Final Year students of the National School of Drama (NSD) are presenting a play titled “Wrong Turn” at Abhimanch, NSD from March 19, 2010, Friday to March 24, 2010, Wednesday. The regular show starts on 6-30 pm each day. There will be additional shows on March 20, Saturday, March 21, Sunday and March 24, Wednesday. These shows will begin from 3 pm.
    One can gain entry, by availing the invitations from the NSD reception on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis, between 11 am to 1 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm. Invitations are limited in number.

5. anandisingh

Today, I will be going to the exhibition and sale of rural craft works at FICCI.

FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry), Federation House, 1, Tansen Marg, New Delhi- 110001 is hosting this exhibition of exquisite craft works from rural India.
    Products on display and sale are Madhubani Paintings, Terracotta, Cane and Bamboo products, Jute Crafts, Handicrafts, Metal Crafts, Teak Wood items, Ornaments, Decorative items, Sarees and Dress Materials, Herbal and Organic products and Edible Items.
    The exhibition and sale opens today and continues till tomorrow, i.e. March 23, 2010, Wednesday.

Are any of you going there?

:)

6. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am going to the FICCI exhibition and sale today. I must thank Anandi for letting me know about it.

From March 20, 2010 to March 26, 2010, Shivani Wazir Pasrich Productions is presenting an English Play at the Kamani Auditorium. The play, titled, “Draupadi – We Are So Different Now” is being staged in aid of Breast Cancer Patients Benefits Foundation.
    The play starts at 7 pm every evening. The exact address of the venue is Kamani Auditorium, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi – 110001.

For gaining entry, one needs Donor Passes worth Rs 250 or Rs 500. You can contact 8800330201 and collect passes.

7. amritasharma

Hi Madhuja! Hello All!

I had the privilege of watching the play last evening. I found it to be an eloquent projection of the experiences of contemporary women of India. These experiences have uncanny resemblances to the life of Draupadi, the saga that unfolded thousand of years ago.
    The play is conceptualized, co-directed and produced by Shivani Pasrich. She has brought together renowned personalities like the eminent painter Anjolie Ela Menon, who has designed the signature of this play, and designer Ritu Kumar, who has lent depth and character to the vision.

I felt the play is one of its kinds.

8. Mani23

Mani23 New IL'ite

Does anyone know where I can get free passes fro IPL.:bonk

9. anandisingh

Dear Mani,

Even I would like to know from where I can get free IPL tickets! But, lets wait till the Daredevils gather a few more points!

On March 20, 2010, I took my nephew and niece to IHC (India Habitat Center) for the “Storytelling: The Best of 2009-10” session which was held to celebrate the International Day of Theatre for Children and Young People. The program was held at Habitat World on Lodhi Road. It started at 7 pm.
    It focused on the art of storytelling, which constituted both the traditional and experimental styles.
    The programme was held in collaboration with ASSITEJ India.
    :coffee

10. Mani23

Mani23 New IL'ite

Anandiji you are right...which team you are supporting and which one you think will win this season of IPL.
    You can go to British Council with kids.