1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eureka!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Aug 25, 2007.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Here is the question that triggered this story:

It was the same thing every morning. Jo would slam down the alarm, turn over to the other side and go back to sleep. And invariably, she would curse herself for turning up late for work. Today however, she had a fool-proof plan. What was it?

It was the same thing every morning... Jo would slam down the alarm, turn over to the other side and go back to sleep. And invariably, she would curse herself for turning up late for work.
    Now, that would not do tomorrow. She had to be at the airport at 6.30 to receive the Chinese delegates and take them around to their plant in Jebel Ali. She ransacked her brain for a foolproof idea.Eureka ! She gathered all the books from the bookshelf and stacked them, one above the other, starting with Tuesdays With Morrie and ending with the Complete Works of Shakespeare. The tower of books wobbled as she balanced the timepiece precariously on top. Good, she thought. Now when it rings, I’ll grope around to switch it off and the whole tower will come crashing down on me, waking me well up!
    With a contented sigh she drifted off to sleep, not realizing that she had forgotten to set the alarm in the first place.

<FONT color=blue>

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

That sounds like a great idea! However I need to remember to switch on the alarm clock unlike Jo ;-).

Great Snippet!

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

This one reminds of an invention by an Indian which was published in India Abroad.
    She has invented an alarm clock in such a way , if you make it stop, it will stop alarming for a while and get into another place and alarm, in which case, you had to get up and switch if off and then if you go to sleep, it will alarm in a different place. Unless you completely shut it down, it will change places and makes you get up.
    Nice invention!

sriniketan

sindmani likes this.
  4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

For the diehard fans of Nidra Devi... any length is small to wake up!

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Lol !!..

Sleeping at her best !!..

PS