Ethnic Bengali Restaurants in Kolkata

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by sriparnaguha, Feb 10, 2009.

1. sriparnaguha

sriparnaguha New IL'ite

:bowdown Hi cuties at IL, Can you all suggest me some ethnic Bengali restaurants in Kolkata? A good British friend of mine would be traveling with me to Kolkata later this month. She said she’ll only live on Bengali food this time. :)

If anyone of you can suggest some ethnic Bengali restaurants in Kolkata then it will be quite helpful for me. Awaiting an early reply... Love,
    Sriparna Guha

2. aparnamukherjee

aparnamukherjee New IL'ite

Indeed, Kolkata is filled with lots of very good ethnic Bengali cuisine restaurants. Ask your friends to drop in 6 Ballygunge Place, Bojohori Manna and 13 Parbon for tasting our mouth watering delicacies. Your friends will not be disappointed. :cheers

Take Care, Aparna Mukherjee

3. saradiawrites

saradiawrites New IL'ite

Hi Sri!

You are a complete foodie, right? Well, I'm so glad you are talking about food and restaurants since I love to eat out too. Most of the time I hunt down the roadside stalls for my regular dose of junks and fries. :thumbsup But it seems you are looking for authentic Bengali dishes. To give you my personal opinion, no chef makes them better than our very own ‘maasi’ ‘pishi’ and ‘dida-thakumas’. I hope you have plenty of elderly women relatives to take care of the kitchen when you come to Kolkata! Big Laugh Jokes apart, I think you must go to "BHAJAHARI MANNA" restaurant in the Star Theatre Complex. It serves some of the yummiest Bengali dishes you can name. :cheers Another good place to catch some Bengali food is at Aaheli - the Bengali restaurant of Peerless Inn.

Just go ahead and have your fill. Bye dear!

4. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

Hello There is Kewpies on Elgin Road . It is small so its better to make reservation . The other one I don't remember the name but it is located in Forum Shoppers Stop on Elgin Road too .Its on the top floor ....Most probably called Oh Kolkata or Calcutta..I hope it helps..And then in all other restaurants too food is bengali-ised. I hope you will enjoy . Do come back and tell us your experiences. Thank you!