Entrepreneurship, the baby steps and moving on

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by dakshayaeni, Jul 14, 2012.

1. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Starting off with a single loom making 12 chanderi saree, now having 5 looms, with one each in Nathnagar, Bhagalpur and in Phulia, West Bengal. Visit from Tuula International boosted my morale and now producing ethnic sarees, whole selling them to places including UAE, US, UK, Australia apart from Indian botique, my journey time has been short but steady.

Weaving Tussar, Matka Silk unique silk of India, rich in texture, sheen. Chanderi silk, hand block prints on maslai cotton, silk with linen and all one could think of. Patience with aggression helped me a lot. But instances of useless inquiries from people who simply wish to bugs also added on to my experience. Know your customer.

Genuine buyers will not do too much of negotiation, will not be choosy rather will let you to select stuffs and will be honest with payment. Yes, i am doing whole sales apart from taking part in small exhibitions in the city to taste retail market.

At times I fear. Fear of overstretching my financial limits, health conditions and all. My daughter too now has to be looked after especially on study front. Plus there are other compulsions too. Yet, this life force in me is urging me to go on. My regular job too is now demanding a bit more of me...wish i have a clone:)

2. dakshayaeni

Thanks Banu n Nidhi...

3. dakshayaeni

These are some more for you friends...

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  4. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Superb collection I must say. All the very best and please go and grow life is full of challenges so just go ahead and apart from that if you are so stressed hire someone to help you many will be interested I feel. Ask your friends who may help you out.

5. dakshayaeni

6. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

happy to see women like you chase your dream and succeed. Take care of your health as well. All the best !!

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Wow excellent,Dakshayeni!You are definitely an inspiration and role model.Is that you in the photographs.All the very best!

8. dakshayaeni

yes that is me..I know I know..its horrible model with glasses and a figure like this..but I cannot afford to hire models you know..

Also, I do you know, many of the sites that sells online hand made stuffs refused the product's picture simply cause the model is not appealing..ha ha ha..but still people visit my Fb page and buy....with the exception of craftasia...who gave me my first break..thanks to all of you here IL

9. nidhijoshi

nidhijoshi Silver IL'ite

wow...loved the sarees.....though i am not a saree person...people who like sarees...will definitely fall in love with them....

1 person likes this.
  10. dakshayaeni

Hiiii

well seeing so many i's am sure you must have guessed that I am excited. Well i received a huge reception and sold out most of my stuffs in a recent exhibition at Kolkata. Attached are a few pictures from the same...

Thanks to all of you IL friends for your support and affection and thanks to God

Attached Files:

2 people like this.