1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Entitled Mils And Sils...what Do You Do?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Patientone, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Sreevidyaa

Sreevidyaa Silver IL'ite

Don’t share about what you buy or other personal life things.

With regards to entitlement, certain things like their medical or personal life issues especially if they have financial problems then the parents need their kids help. With siblings there will be a limit there especially after they are married and have their own families. If there has been a constant issue of expectations from them it will make the son’s and daughter in law’s personal life miserable.

Gifting them is not an entitlement which they should expect but as something done out of love. If it becomes an entitlement then it will only cause more problems between you and them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I agree that giving a gift is the choice of the person who gives it and they should be able to select the gift according to their financial capacity, and their personal wish and occasion....the receiver should accept the gift gracefully...and try to reciprocate in their own way ..demanding gifts and treating close ones as ATM is such cheap attitude...

Thyagarajan and chanchitra like this.
  3. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

My sister in law has been sweating madly today after my husband told her he sent their nephew(brothers son) a parcel on his birthday. Shes going crazy trying to find out what we sent him. 20 miscalls to my husband. Now she’s punishing him by not putting him on her status photos. It’s petty, immature but hilarious. But once she finds out I’m sure she’ll want the same for her own kids.

4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Looks like your SIL is suffering from mental issue, you have to have better strategy to handle her if you are plaing to have a relationship with her and her family.

Patientone likes this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What was the need to do this?

6. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

what do you mean? Sorry I didn’t clarify. She text my husband to say remember nephews birthday tomorrow and make sure you wish him. Husband said yeah I already sent card and parcel in the post (gifts were everyday gifts). Not to make her jealous or anything but her kids got more expensive gifts on their birthday.

Her reaction was strange. Like she needed to find out what was in the box immediately. Husband couldn’t pick up her video calls so she rang him like 20 times whilst he had no WiFi outside.

normally she’d put pics up of him on her status (excluding me- she doesn’t like me)but she didn’t this year . It’s to punish him because he didn’t tell her what we sent ( because he didn’t see her calls). Strange reaction after telling someone not to forget someone’s birthday and when they said what they’ve done behave even more strange. I don’t get involved.

7. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Its high time you gift yourself a (faux)mental health check up and let her know?

winterhue likes this.
  8. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Next time your SIL mentions something she bought for herself or her kids, pretend to love it sooo much and tell her she should send you or your child the exact same thing. In fact use her very words against her. Tit for tat. That should give her a wake up call.

bron and Needtobestrong like this.