1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Enlightened!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I saw him one more time. How can he be so beautiful? Look at his colour - the ever appealing black. Earlier, he was whiter than me and I didn't pay much attention to him and was infact so jealous that he looked better. But, just a little divine thing happened and instantly he turned. Before I could realize what happened to him, he was alright, though it took sometime for him to cool down.

Though he shows very much lesser of himself to the outside world, he is much taller. I didn't like it one bit when they fused us together. He lacked any expression. "Tasteless!", I said. That was the first word I spoke of him. He didn't budge for that too and stood slightly bent then. Then we were left for a long time, till somebody suddenly remembered one night. When someone touched me, I felt a bit happy, but it seemed that there was a hurry, so I was taken with force.

The next moment, to my utter shock, he was on fire. I couldn't take it, you know? And that expressionless fellow, knowing fully well that he could not stop it, yet didn't even show any resistance. In fact, he did not say a word then too. And slowly started to shrink. Seeing it, I started crying as that was really melting me. I saw that he looked even more beautiful though being in fire and could not help but feel a longing to engulf him.

Minutes later, somebody was kind enough to save us both. After a few minutes, we cooled. Seeing me too shrunken, he felt and paled off a bit to have a slightly grey shade. He looked even better then. For the first time he spoke - "Don't feel dear! We should be happy to bring light to others!".

That made me stronger, you know?

p.s. Its about a white candle and its wick.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My goodness!! rgs, i could never guess until the last statement by the wick!! fantastic!! awesome!! reaaaaalllllllllllly tooooooooo good rgs! thoroughly enjoyed this one :)

Akila

3. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

God!! I could not get it at all till the end. Then I re read and everything is falling in its place.. " In fact, he did not say a word then too. And slowly started to shrink. Seeing it, I started crying as that was really melting me." They are such beautiful lines.. I enjoyed this piece so much Rgs..

4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila. Whatever I try, you are one of the few IL friends, who immediately notice and appreciate. It really motivates me, you know? -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Very glad to see that you couldn't get it at the first read Mathangi. And thanks a lot for your continuous motivation and feedback. -rgs

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Super story..Somehow,camphor was flashing in my mind , when i read ur story and i was wondered what the other one was :hide:

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

though i know i was wrong, the closest thing i could relate was 'chicken getting grilled' :p
    (i am just foodie, not brainy)

excellent rgs!

8. rgsrinivasan

Wow! That was closer, Nihasvin. Shows your smartness. Thanks very much for your feedback. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Well! That shows I won this time, Strangerrr. And I am moved by your frank admission. Thanks buddy [btw, I am a foodie too]. -rgs

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

Very wonderful life time lesson taught in a simple story. Candle and wick are always quoted for sacrifice in life. One is on fire and the other is melting to provide light to others. Don't they resemble parents?

Viswa