1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Enlighten Me, Please..

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sweetygal, Aug 27, 2016.

1. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

As dc24 asked me to imagine myself in co worker s place, really I think I don't want to be in her place. I can't imagine myselves reading out textbooks to students and making noise with them. My jealousy is not wanting to be in her place, but my problem is everyone swarms around her room while students seems to make fun of others.

Caide likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@sweetygal if she is aware of all this and still does that it is immaturity.. and i am against spoon feeding even at school level. i was giving the benefit of doubt to her.

just tell her to make it less noisy...

sindmani and Caide like this.
  3. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

dnormx01, totally agree.. but now my problem is how to deal with NOW.while I m typing this, there is a crowd in d other room. While they pass in front of staff room they don't care for any others. It's like we r old generation, while she s only alive there.

dnormx01 and Caide like this.
  4. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

She is so much aware of all these things, shanvy. Most have mentioned this to her also. But she s adamant. She does it more when others points out saying others are just jealous. So that leaves us thinking are we really jealous ??:mask:

Caide likes this.
  5. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

This is the first time in my life ,I m through a dilemma for which I don't find a solution as per my concious. That's y I m going on asking questions .. so sorry but I really need an opinion that can make me feel better. :(

Caide likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

agree with bot of you too much closeness is not good either... its students personal i wont agree either other things notes sharing ideas is not a problem

7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @sweetygal ,

Moderation and reasonableness are the keywords to any issue.

Are you moderate and reasonable in your feelings about that lecturer?

Is she moderate and reasonable in her tendency to help students even if helping students is good?

Probably helping the students with their doubts, and small pat for their bruised emotions or some motivational talk yes. Moderate and reasonable. But going to solve their love problems, spending hours reading their texts, trying to solve their fights.... I think these are extremes and unreasonable.

Feeling disturbed about some one else's behaviour, that does not affect us directly is again not a moderate and reasonable reaction. (Staff room noise and special gift do not affect only just you, it is for others too!)

I think we should be a controller of and not be controlled by, our emotions.

In this situation probably you may like to ignore with a shrug. That is cool!

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Curse of too many engg colleges and cost cutting on quaity and so many factors...sorry op me looking at it as a individual..

I know.someone who.is also a lecturer in a college who left her it job because of the stress...and to be honest the tunnel vision she displays,even with regards to things discussed and not willing to learn made me maintain a distance.

Just think of this as a statement from a pained invidual...we are cloning more and more of the same

sindmani and vaidehi71 like this.
  9. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

See being Engineering students imply all are 18 years or above. They are no kids and still not sufficiently mature to make decisions without a suitable friendly guidance. She's doing just that only.
    Please also remember that she's not only famous for PHILANTHROPIC work for the students in love but also for her hard work in helping students with their studies.

Sometimes the age difference between students and teachers is not much...so they become just like friends..

You can also dedicate some extra hours in helping out the students with their studies...you can take extra classes for academically weak students...this will make you famous too

sindmani, jskls and Shanvy like this.
  10. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Hmm.. what u say makes sense. So let her do whatever she want and I shud concentrate on my academics. I should not bother how students perceive me.

sindmani, vaidehi71 and Caide like this.