1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

English Vinglish..Shashi Vashi..!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by haagesummane, Oct 15, 2012.

1. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

I happened to watch the movie English Vinglish(EV) here in toronto. I was overwhelmed and was taken back by surprise for one obvious reason
    Stunning realistic acting of shashi..oops sridevi,which almost kept me occupied.There were some comic moments specially in the english classes.
    But it brings up one issue of Indian women being constantly faced in reality. They tend to quit their job/education to please their parents for marriage
    and only later in life they are embarrased from their own kids.
    It was not a sacrosanct for her to go and speak in english when she was happily managing most of the things until she stepped out of the country.
    She was correct in one of her dialogue "Mujhe pyar ki zaroorat nahi,zaroorat hai toh thodi izzat ki"(i dont need love,but what i need is little respect)
    What does others say about it..?????

1 person likes this.

2. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

U r exactly correct. Even i watched the movie yesterday and liked the same dialogue. And the way shashi was getting tensed in the lift when her friend (French) took her close was so realistic and every moment we Indian women feel her character.I loved the movie.

1 person likes this.