Endometriosis and Conceiving

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Apu3012, May 8, 2007.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

Re: Endometriosis

hi waiting,
    how do u know that endometriosis has recurred ? what is the test you did...

even i had lap 7 months ago... first time unlike others within 20 days of lap had full flow of periods.. it was not at all less.

but from next month onwards, periods are scanty.so i feel there may be adhesions..

so can u tell how to detect endometriosis or adhesions inside for that matter ?

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  3. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

thank u rose for replying and helping me with the link...

4. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

i just have a doubt.
    can mild Endometriosis be detected without lap? and what are the symptoms? or what is the test doctor do to find this out?

5. Waiting

Waiting New IL'ite

Re: Endometriosis

Hi hema

I went for an Ultrasound scan after 6 months post -op and the doctor found 2 new cysts on both of my ovaries and since they are not shrinking in size, she is skeptical it might be the Endometriosis' recurrence.As surgery might not mostly remove the Endo and it is just a temporary solution.
    I have read about natural herbs for shrinking cysts but not sure about endometriosis cure.. also acupuncture and massage therapies are there..but does anyone about any of these natural remedies?If yes, pls post them as we can get a clue ..
    thanks

6. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Waiitng,
    I too had the problem of cyst and removed it through larposcopy 2 years back, now again 3 months back a small cyst reoccurred its 1.8 cm i guess, Dr, said its very small, had pills for 2 months but only .2 cm has been decreased, so she asked me to just ignore the cyst as we dont want to waste the cycle. I have done an IUI this month with 1.6cm cyst.
    So i guess in medicines itself it could be cured, one more thing this that never change Doctor's or medicines in between while treatment, have patience and cooperate with ur Dr, pray well.
    Good Luck:thumbsup

7. Waiting

Waiting New IL'ite

Hi dear IL's

Wanted to know if anyone who has endometriosis is TTC(or had tried to plan for a baby or still trying)? We are TTC and want to know if anyone had any success or any problems with that? really worried about this condition as am slowly coming to know the severity of endo.. was diagnosed last september :(

Also as the topic of exercise came up here..wanted to check if it is okay to exercise after ovulation? as we are supposed to be careful after that> Is Kickboxing fine to do or a strict No-No? though my doc said its okay to jog,run,cycle or do any aerobics..am little scared.. have heard ppl advising not to do heavy exercise? is it fine to do yoga then as we need to keep our weight under control too right? please someone advise me if it is okay to do aerobics(jumping jacks, kicks,running and weights) or we should resort to just walking /yoga?

please guide me...also waiting to see if endo sufferers have success story getting babies..

take care gals n god bless all of us !!

8. arshina

arshina New IL'ite

operated 4 endo,motility problm,adhesions,ttc and iui

Hi
    I am new 2 dis forum and i am posting for da first time.i am very much impressed by da way ppl hav got responses 2 their problems,i hope dis wil hlp me as well,bcoz i hav a bunch of problems.
    i am married since 3 years and ttc,one year after marriage i got a scan done and 2 my horror i had a 8cm chocoate cyst(endometriosis)in my left ovary,i had 2 get operated immediately,so a laproscopy was done,cyst was removed.doctr said my tubes r patent,she said she wil start iui after 3 months.but wen my husbands semen was checked he had low sperm count and low motility,therefore my iui had 2 b delayed til my husbands treatment.
    9 months after having ayurvedic medicines my husbands count and motility increased remarkably,so doctor said i can start iui.but i had another complaint,i usually hav sharp pain on da left side throughout my cycle,nd also it pains during coitus and during vaginal scans,den doc told that i might hav adhesions,but she dint confirm it and dint giv any importance 2 it.
    I did 2 cycles iui,with letroze and hcg shot.i had 4 and 3 follicles respectively,it grew til 28mm in size b4 it ruptured.but both da cycles failed.i was 2 do my third iui but i took a break.my periods r due on 17th feb,if i dont conceive dis time i wil hav 2 start my next iui.
    Is der anybdy wid similar problems,going 2 start iui or hav succesfully conceived even with similar problems.i am strong believer in God i know anythng wil happen only if God wishes,but i need a friend wid whom i can share my worries and i hope i wil find many in IL.also dis time v r trying naturally and dis is my ovulation time,i hope i wil not hav 2 go thru iui again,i need lot of prayers.
    eagerly waiting 4 reply.

9. sashi99

sashi99 Senior IL'ite

Re: operated 4 endo,motility problm,adhesions,ttc and iui

Hi Arshina
    Welcome to IL dear. With IUI many people have conceived...so dont worry much..u have done only 2 cycles..u can try till 5 cycles..but may it not be like that and hope u conceive naturally. All the best for ur natural cycle and we all are there for u. Baby dust to u

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Re: operated 4 endo,motility problm,adhesions,ttc and iui

Arshina,

Sashi has covered most of the points. There are people with more complications but did conceive. Patience and relaxation is the key here.
    All the best and relax.