Endometriosis and Conceiving

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Apu3012, May 8, 2007.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

Re: Endometriosis

Hi Madhu,

Re read ur post to see if i missed something.. but still :idontgetit:

Do they put stiches in laparoscopy ??? bcos the doc here is suggesting me also this operation and i am undecided...

anyways take care and all the best for your next pregnancy to be healthy and safe. Wish a happy new year with baby wishes to you..

2. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Ofcourse they put a stitch after lap which usually dissolve after 10days.But Iam not very lucky.So they took my stitches after 15 days....
    Iam not very sure about the pregnancy rate after this.People say they get pregnant after this test......
    If the doctor prescribes for lap,its better to go for one.They say if we have tissues inside then the chances of getting pregnant naturally is very less.So they generally ask to have this test and get checked.If we have some tissues inside they also remove it in the same operation.They did it for me......
    Hope this helps.....

3. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

thanks victory for the reply and about telling me about the tissue thing which might be there in the womb... never thought of such a thing before... OMG every organ needs a proper cleaning...:idea

4. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

To tell u the truth even i came across this for the first time.so dont worry everything will be alright.........

5. VasanthiSathish

VasanthiSathish New IL'ite

Re: Anyone with Endometriosis ? Needs support !

Hey there!

I was diagnosed with endometriosis after my marriage and underwent laproscopic treatment for the same. I took the lupride depot injection for three months after the laproscopy. From the fourth month, my periods became regular. I was in very good hands, I must admit.
    Now, we are trying to start a family and hopefully, we will soon have a baby.
    So, don't worry and if you are confident you are in good hands, go ahead with the treatment.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I was diagnosed 30 years ago with endo and had one small sugery for an endometrioma (pocket of blood in abdomen due to the bleeding that occurs in endo during period time) on the left ovary when I was about 28. I was good for several years then when I was 35 I developed a huge 20cm endometrioma and had a huge surgery to remove it. Back then they gave Danocrine which is not used afaik. I was sick for years. I had a prognosis also of complete hysterectomy in 2 years. I started thinking I had to take my care in my own hands or the docs were going to ruin me.

I saw a newspaper article on a chiropractor doing diet work and what he was talking about sounded like me even though he was not treating endo per se. I went to him and he gave me diet and herbal therapy (not expensive) for two years. At the end of that time, I had regained most of my health. Over the years I have continued to improve and I managed to get through menopause with little problem and no more surgeries. His name is Dr. Michael Leibowitz and he is now in Grand Junction, CO.

Also, I would recommend that you get information/join the Endometriosis Association. They have a lot of information of help.

Indians take a lot of care about so many health issues and then they still use DDT which is one of the causes of endometriosis. Please try to get it banned from India to protect your daughters from pain and infertility. In addition, another trigger is burning medical waste. Strange that working at a hospital can make you sick.

My suggestion: Try the natural therapies before you let them cut you up if you can safely do that. Endo sufferers since its an immune disease recover slower from surgery.

7. bindaas

bindaas New IL'ite

Mild endometriosis

I have married for past 3year.We are trying for baby from last 3years only.But not geeting pregnant.We have concerned the gyanec here,and he did my laproscopy surgery too.During my surgery he cleared my mild endomerotis,But unluckly one endometriosis is left on delicate part ie on the ureter line,so the doctor told me that he will put me on menopause condition for three months and then i will go the pregnancy?Both we r confused what decision i will take.Decision 1)Can i take clomid drug for conception,which will have disadvantage too,that my endometriosis will grow more and ureter line become thin?
    Decision2)Can i go for three month gaps?So that my endometriosis will not grow and after that i will go for pregnancy?Please help me which decision is suitable for me?We did pitradosh puja also?[​IMG][​IMG] My hubby is very much close to his sister children..So feel jealous why should i am not able to give child to my hubby?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

re: Mild endometriosis

hai bindass
    during ttc we need 2 things 1 is hope and the another patient i feel like decision 2 is ok but still consult with ur doctor he is the best person to decide.

9. Waiting

Waiting New IL'ite

Hi Dear tashidelek2002

Can you let me know what natural Therapy you underwent and did it cure or solve your problem? I too have endometriosis and after lap surgery, it has recurred in 6 months time. I am looking for natural herbs and therpaies.. can you suggest specifically which ones are efffective or what choices are available and if they are Genuine options effective?Did ayurveda/homeopathy/Traditional chinese Medicine help you? Please help me and reply soon as TTC now and want to shrink this endo cysts as soon as i can.. Also am in California Bay area and wanna know which doctor can help me..

may god bless all ..

thanks

10. Waiting

Waiting New IL'ite

Hi Victory

Am also sailing in the same boat as u guys.. had endo and then followed a lap surgery to remove it as it was 5 cms big.. now it has recurred in 6 months since the operation.. did u have any luck TTC? let me know if you got conceived and keep posting updates if u hear ..

thanks n take care
    god bless all
    Waiting(4 ur replies)..