1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Endearing Oryza sativa

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Anitap
    Lol...when she cooked the rice she was in a good mood (coz hubby was helping :)))....and with the rest her mood went off, hence the results showed.....isnt cooking mood dependent....and I am permenantly in abad mood in the "kitchen area"...ha!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha Mega dear unfortunately I am not a rice eater, but I wish to give it a try let me see. :) what if it is reducing the already accummulated fat in me...hehehe

1 person likes this.
  3. Srisandhya

Srisandhya Junior IL'ite

haa haa haa nice post very humerous

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sandhya
    ..thank you, thk u.
    mega

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh don't ask......chocking....then singing.....he has this habit of composing songs in famous tunes apt for the situation......:bonk
    And I missed 'Crispy,crunchy Poories'.......'Soft like sponge noodles'.......:hide:

2 people like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,

Had mega fun reading this! I seem to be drawn to posts that are 'endearing' today! After Ac's terms of endearment, here I am with your endearing term for our common everyday staple grain, r i c e!!

Oh, I can tell some stories of my early days of cooking. I too had not entered kitchen before my marriage. But mind you, I am a home science graduate!!!! I actually have acquired a degree in housekeeping, textiles and cooking amongst other things!:|

So marriage happens and I land in England taking my first trip abroad. We were not yet allotted our quarters and I had to live in my husband's bachelor quarters shared between other single docs. This place had a common kitchen and the equipment there was all new and strange to me. My smarty hubby told me not pack any pots and pans as everything can be bought in Uk. Well here I was struggling in that huge common kitchen with an old fashioned hearth and several cooking ranges. Evening comes and groups form in the kitchen...couple of English doctors, two from Pakistan and an Indian doc and me, all cooking their own stuff. My hubby was on call to make up for his missing hours ( he took off to get married!). Strange foods and aromas surrounded me and here I was, a nervous wreck, all shy,sad and confused and mortified as I didn't know where to begin. With a little help from around, I somehow managed to cook rice and plain dhal spiced with salt and chilli. Hubby came and was highly anxious that we settle in this huge common sitting room to watch TV, he so desperately wanted to introduce me to his favorite shows..Startrek and Top of the Pops! I slowly pushed the plate of burnt rice and smoked dhal under his nose..glass of water was just fine! But you know what, mine is one cool hubs! He just hugged me and said it didn't matter, you'll learn it slowly!:cool2: I was blessed...oryza sativa or not!:)

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla.......

Wow......an FB...that made me anticipate,see , smell and feel.....enjoyed reading it....:)!!

What to do...? We only get to read such sweet, super FBs from you...and not snippets......:thumbsdown

Kamla dear......

Mercy drops round us are falling........But for the showers we plead.......!!!

Mega girl......

Special thanks for this honey of a post that brought the 'Queen bee' here.......:cheers

2 people like this.
  8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamala,

One of my neighbours in India who is from Banglore. She always says that when a girl is newly wed and does not know how to cook hence husband does not notice as he is busy looking at her beauty and by the time gradually his intoxication slows down..... girl has already mastered in her cooking so this balances out well.

and this is my experience....when she again screws up in her middle age like me then he gives up helplessly.... as he is overdosed with beauty.......and not a single strategy works for him .......hahaha

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Kamla,
    Glad that this post could get rolling some skeletons from the closet....Awe........

3 people like this.
  10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhavnam6
    ....a new school of thought.....must tell my little DD of that.....some excuse to skip cooking for a few years. By middle age....they know us....."mourn" and they go hungy indefinitely..........Lovely FB, thanks
    mega

1 person likes this.