Empowering Quotes

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Reenae, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
    - Plato

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again."
    - Og Mandino

"The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost."
    - G.K. Chesterton

"Life is short. Be swift to love! Make haste to be kind!"
    - Henri F. Amiel

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've never met a person, I don't care what his condition, in whom I could not see possibilities. I don't care how much a man may consider himself a failure, I believe in him, for he can change the thing that is wrong in his life anytime he is prepared and ready to do it. Whenever he develops the desire, he can take away from his life the thing that is defeating it. The capacity for reformation and change lies within."
    - Rev. Dr. Preston Bradley

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit."
    - Aristotle

Serenity Prayer with a Twist
    'God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot
    change; the courage to change the one I can; And the wisdom to
    know that person is me.'

'A man may fulfill the object of his existence by asking a
    question he cannot answer, and attempting a task he cannot
    achieve.'
    - Oliver Wendell Holmes

'There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that
    is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants,
    and a burning desire to possess it.'
    - Ronald Reagan

What I Have To Give You
    To be honest with you,
    I do not have the words to make you feel better -

But I do have arms to give you a hug -
    I have ears to listen to anything
    you want to talk about -

I have eyes to see the pain you are going through -
    I have feet, to walk to you
    the minute you need me -

And I have a heart -
    a heart that is aching to see you smile again.

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"The strongest oak tree of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun."
    - Napoleon Hill (1883-1970, Writer)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center bgColor=#f7f8f9 border=0><TD vAlign=top>"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly."
    - Richard Bach

"I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God."
    - Helen Keller

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."
    - Virginia Satir

<TD width=15 background=/img/purp-tile2.gif>[​IMG][​IMG]<TD background=/img/purp-tile3.gif colSpan=2>[​IMG]