1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emperor Asoka and Team India!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Emperor Asoka was indeed very unique. The Magadha Army simply crushed the Kalinga Army leaving over a hundred thousand soldiers of the enemy dead. He was the Monarch of all he surveyed and more victories were only for his asking. And yet his intense introspection enabled him to realise his defeat within. That's why he asked himself if such a victory that left a hundred thousand women widowed was indeed worth it. This introspection led him to a much higher plane and he soon became an icon of Indian Culture and Faith.
    We all do introspection about why we failed but very few introspect on their success. With each success we crave for more and we cease bothering about the means we adopt to achieve our goal!
    In this context, your Gita lectures are very relevant. But in this modern world, it is hard to think that we are responsible only for our actions and not to the fruits thereof. How true it is that what we seek is right within but we go chasing it all over the Universe! 'Irukkum idathai vittu illatha idam nokki' cases!
    Sri

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

At last India Won.... Thanks to rain & DWL calculations..... Otherwise we dont know the last pair would have stolen the match....

Veda

3. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    For the Men in Blue, every victory is a stepping stone for Failure!
    Sri

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear sri,

Very true...
    And to believe they are role models to thousands of kids out there..including my son...:mad:

5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Regarding Team India I would say King Bruce and the team India. They will lose several times and one match they win will become memorable. The team has specialized in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They say the game of cricket is highly unpredictable and in that Team India is still unpredictable. I hope they win tomorrow's crucial match at Oval, London. The odds are against India. In the last six encounters against England at the Oval, India has won only once that too some 20 years back.

Regards,

TDU

6. Cheeniya

Dear Shanthi
    There is one consoling thought for the parents of children for whom the Men in Blue are role models though. They'll all become in good in crisis management though only a crisis can trigger them to action. They'll all become great philosophers ultimately!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    Dravid believes in the principle of Let'd cross the bridge when we come to it. I should say it might be a very good principle to follow but in the case of the Men in Blue, the bridge collapses before they reach it!
    Thinking of Oval today some five hours down the line, my BP is already shooting up. This is a clear case of my suffering for someone else's nonsense!
    I fervently pray that the power goes off in my house before the play starts!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    When Yuvaraj conceded five sixers in the 49th over, I thought that our fate was sealed there. In the 49th over that India faced, the situation was nearly out of hand. Mission Impossible I thought! But this guy Uthappa played a couple of innovative shots in the end and brought us home safely! The hour finally produced the man!
    Sri

9. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

In our office whenever India wins one of our colleagues used to distribute sweets from the canteen. I wish I could do that now. Yes, Uthappa did deliver. I was wondering the decision to play him instead of Karthik. But, he has proved the decision of Dravid correct. I am still sweating after watching the last few overs India faced.:-D

Regards,

TDU

10. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    Karthik is also a sweet timer of the ball and is in aggressive nick now. I am sure that this in-form batsman would have also delivered! But I cant still digest those 5 consequitive sixers conceded by Yuvaraj. If we had lost today, they would have skinned him!
    Sri