1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emotionally/mentally Strong

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tryinghard2013, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Tryinghard2013

Tryinghard2013 Silver IL'ite

hi all,
    Been a regular reader here and see what all most of us go through in a marriage. I come across so many posts where we complain how the husbands give silent treatments and make us aware we are non existent to them. I go through this issue too and find myself emotionally weak and dependent on him. Why can't we women be as strong and not need them emotionally. Financially we know most of us have careers and can work towards one even if we are not working but what is it about the silent treatment/ ignoring ur spouse that makes so disturbed? Can anyone comment on how they battled this problem and won? Thanks!

2. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

I don't know that I would consider it weak or emotionally dependent, I think that is what happens when you are in a good relationship with each other - you both expect each other to support you and be there for you. To the extent your husband doesn't hold up that end of the partnership, of course it would bother you. As far as how to resolve this issue, either see if it's something your husband wants to work on - or if not, then you can build up a life outside of him only. Find a hobby you enjoy, go for exercise, hiking, dance, learn how to sew, and make other friends so that you have people to share your time and thoughts with. Sometimes when you show a little distance and some interest in other things, it also has the effect of making him draw in closer to you, wondering why he isn't "all important" anymore.

shri0218 likes this.
  3. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Do meditation, it makes lot of difference. Meditation will make you neutral and emotionally independent, remove stress, increase positivity, build confidence, improve focus.

penpaal likes this.