Emotional Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CharuKaur, Jun 25, 2012.

1. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I am in the tail end of First trimester and seem to have lost control over my emotions recently. My husband is in India these days due to a family emergency and until yesterday every time i thought about him/us, it was a pleasant, adorable feeling of parenthood. I happened to read pregnancy related book yesterday and was my first real exposure to what all will occur in the next few months, and the hard process of labor etc.. And since then i have been feeling so anti-social (for the lack of a better word) and dont want to call/talk to my husband. He has always been such a supportive partner but for some reason my mind is so overshadowed by what i read yesterday and my thoughts lead me to think that i have a tough time ahead and doubtful if he will be able to help. The thoughts of loneliness and "will i be able to manage it all" are overwhelming. I have heard that pregnancy hormones make you emotional (and needy ?) at times... need your advise ladies... is this just a phase ? How can i transform my thought process back to positivity!!!! I am just too scared i think :drowning

2. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Hi Charu

Congratulations on your pregnancy first .Its completely normal to feel what you are feeling now .esp being alone makes you more depressed .Pregnancy hormones tend to make you feel that way .Good news is that as you step in to second trimester your mood ,energy levels will improve and you will start feeling better .right now to tackle your situation stop reading materials that make you sad .set up a meet out with your friends ,go to the mall or visit temples and do something that you like and keeps you busy .Idle brain is devil's workshop so keep yourself occupied .whenever you feel depressed just say this to your mind .Its just a passing phase I am growing a whole new life inside me and I have to keep myself active and happy.

Avoid being alone and try be with friends and family .when you feel depressed cry your heart out that really helps