1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emotional Detachment

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by RiaME, Dec 30, 2022.

1. RiaME

RiaME Senior IL'ite

Is it a good thing to emotionally detach (make your mind believe they dont exist) oneself from the people who treat you like you r not part of their household after getting all the things done from you, that too after 17 yrs of marriage?

Get all the household chores done by your dil, get served by her with absolutely no shame and then treat her like she does nor belong.

How to coexist with such people?

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

The answer to your question is YES, YES and YES!
    Do it for your sanity. Do it to irk them. But fair warning - you will start enjoying life! If you are ready for that, then do so right now!

Apart from all the light hearted response above… i highly recommend being emotionally detached. Do not seek their validation. Do what you can without stretching yourself. When you seek approval you go iver and beyond what you can and are disappointed when those efforts go unnoticed and worse, put down.

when you do just enough, you don’t feel bad.

It is hard but possible. And it takes consistent practice. I used to do it so well once upona. Time that it irked my mil to no end. and then life changed and i forgot how to ignore my inlaws. Now i am re learning that and life is getting better again.

so good luck. You can do this!!

KashmirFlower likes this.