1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : Useful Discussions - Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by nithya prabha, Jan 7, 2007.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

wow, wonderful job......

dear Varudhini,

saw your embroidery work & it's beautiful.
    Pls do share your work with us. waiting to see more.

Love,

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Wow Varudhini,
    your work is superb. I just loved them. I have not done any work on sarees so far, very time consuming. You have done very beautifully, do upload other works also.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,
    I am sorry that I missed your post, what with my logging in on and off and going thro the posts in a hurry.
    Thanks for the compliments. Your idea is also very good. Now in Chennai, the embroidery fever is rocking , there are so many exclusive shops to get things embroidered. And I would say, quite costly also. As hand embroidery is very intricate and time consuming, it ought to be costly only.
    Many women's mag. are organising free embroidery workshops, only the materials should be brought by the participants. And these workshops are useful also. Now there is an institute called Mogappair Institute for teaching all handicrafts etc. they also conduct free classes from time to time.
    You just tell me what you would like to have embroidered and I shall do it for you.

4. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

thanks

Hey Varloo,
    Its so nice of you that you can find out the way to get it here. I ll wait for your reply regarding it. I love doing emb. So i do collect designs. Unfortunately all my work is in india so i cant show you anything. Please help me in collecting good designs.
    Thanks a lot

5. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Embroidery designs

Dear friends

I am posting my other embroidery works in a new thread under Indian Art by name "Embroidery works", both hand and machine works. Do see them.

Varudhini

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear PP,
    I have lots of designs with instructions too. Please let me know what you need. I shall upload the designs for you.
    Please give me some time for that. I shall do that.

7. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

table cover or bed sheet

Hey Varloo,
    Can you pls upload some nice designs for my daughtr's bed sheet or table cover. Take your own time i m not in hurry.
    Thanks

8. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

re: Embroidery : Useful Discussions - Tips & Tricks

HI NITHYA There is one easy method of transfering designs in sarees etc. in a tracing paper (which will cost you only two rupees or so) draw/trace your choice of design preferably with a black sketch pen. Now on the lines of the design prick it with a thin embroidery stitching needle so that u make small holes on the lines. it is also called perforating. now u have to take chalk power/zinc power (which is available in craft shops etc.) in a bowl and add little of kerosine to it and make a thin mixture. soak a small piece of sponge or cotton in it. Now place the perforated design sheet (the front side from where u made pricks facing you) and wipe the dipped sponge or cotton over the design so that the kerozne mixture seeps into the sheet. continue for the whole saree. when the kerosine dries the designs will be visible. It is advisable to do two or three meters for one go and stitch it and then go for the balance of the saree. first try on a waste piece of cloth so that u will get confidence. if the kerozine is too thick it will not seep into the cloth. so see that it is a thin solution. ok try this and good luck to u.

9. nithya prabha

nithya prabha Bronze IL'ite

:goodidea: Dear vijiputhucode,

i must thank youfor replying me.i think u r interested and if u have any embroideries,do upload.Thanks once for ur advice.I will try this.Take care,bye.

with luv,
    Nithya.

10. nithya prabha

nithya prabha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    Do upload some designs for the saree border like flower, butterfly,roses etc....Or u will know which design would be the best.So , take ur own time and do post the designs. Eagerly waiting for ur uploads.Thankyou. Take care. Bye.
    Nithya.