1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery :Machine Embroidery Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by bindhudani, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Drowning in your words of praise......... Bindu now you are making me very emotional:redface:

I am not sure how chain stitch is done on machine, altho I have another small battery operated chain stitch machine where the chain comes on the backside of the cloth. It is too small & too fast to try any design. But herringbone may be possible. I have a provision in mine.
    coming to the lesson :shhh: this emb is also like the imitation velvet type. you have to attach the required colours of wool on to one end of design & then place a knitting under the wool and take straight stitches across the section of wool binding it well. go on adding any number of strands as req. you will be stitching straight st. across the length of the design. Hope you are clear.
    As for the dog design..... stitch the wool along its length as req. The tongue is done in shaded emb. after finishing ruffle up the ends of the wool with a brush.
    please do post your trials as well......
    :thumbsup
    vidya

2. AVpoornima

AVpoornima Gold IL'ite

thanks for posting

3. AVpoornima

AVpoornima Gold IL'ite

thanks for posting

4. bindhudani

bindhudani Senior IL'ite

ViduJi ,am waiting for ur next lesson
    in ur classroom..pls step in

5. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi bindu,
    Before going into further classes I would like to see your progress as well .......
    after all I need to get a feed back toooooooo ........ Big Laugh
    don't worry I will post the next one in a day or two
    :cheers
    vidya

6. ZOVA

ZOVA Gold IL'ite

Re: I fixed it

hi
    thanq 4 ur tips.u solved my problm.can u tell me y thread is breaking continuosly?
    which no needle u r using 4 machine embroidery?i know u must be an expert now .
    bye zova

7. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    Ur machine embroidery works & teaching is fantastic. you are teaching it so well. Thanks for teaching every stitch. I tried ur needle( velvet st) work, shading. ( but changing the thread often takes lot of time. ) I tried cut work also. I will try to take a snap & post it soon.
    My machine is a very very old model of singer ordinary tailor model, which i got it in soooooooooooooooooooooooo many years back. ( 28 years now)Big Laugh
    vk.

8. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

hi Vidya, After going through your machine embroidery tutorial it reminded me of my younger days.I too had learnt machine embroidery.first we should get correlation between hand movement and peddling.After practice it will become easy.I had learnt straight stitch,round stitch,applique work,cretonne appliqué(appliqué work is done with printed design),net work,cut work,satin stitch(white on white)eyelet work,velvet stitch using needles,buttonhole stitch and so on.I don't remember me putting outline after doing the design.I used to make needle fall correctly on the line of the design.In the beginning I used turn the wheel by hand later on after practice by foot.I have got Usha Janome.I can do preset designs in straight line.I tried to do those designs after depressing the pressure foot down.it did not work.chain stitch is out of question.Hi Vk I feel ordinary machine is good for machine embroidery.Hollo Zova, Make tension of the silk thread loose.then thread will not break.Bobbin thread tension should be tighter than the top silk thread.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  9. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,
    how i missed this thread. Lovely works shared by you...you are so perfect in all your works. :thumbsup:thumbsup

10. ZOVA

ZOVA Gold IL'ite

thank you vani
    for your valuable tips.
    vidya
    pls continue your tutorial.now i am in a mood of doing machine embroidery.i tried
    cut work embroidery.,and velvet embroidery.i want to show you my trial.but i dont have my cam now.i hve a doubt shaded embroidery is like long and short stitch?how can we do this stitch using zigzag machine?while i am doing satin stitch for round shape i have to rotate the hoop?i hope i am trobling you.
    bye zova