1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery :Machine Embroidery Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by bindhudani, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Lali1

Lali1 Senior IL'ite

I use Usha janome Stitch Magic.. I'm trying to do a satin stitch without a pressure foot .. however i find it extremely difficult to control the speed of the machine... I am a beginner.. can anyone please suggest how to control the speed of the machine ??

2. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi Lali,
    Freehand machine embroidery is all about synchronising your hand movement with the speed of machine. The speed of the machine can be adjusted by the amount of pressure you give on the foot peddle but that, as well as the hand movement needs to be practised. Have a lot of patience. Just take some scrap cloth and keep trying. You will slowly gain control.
    Kahinki emti bestho hochi mon! ..... Used to be a favourite phrase when I lived in Orissa.. It applies now. Be patient & keep trying

3. Lali1

Lali1 Senior IL'ite

Was starting to wonder if speed control is possible in stitch magic.. :p :p

Thanks Vidu... will keep trying !!

4. Chubbymalar

Chubbymalar New IL'ite

which is the best machine for doing embroidery manually,i m not interested in computerized machines,suggest a m/c name

5. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a usha janome sewing machine. It is very good.
    Vidya

6. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

lemme also join u ppl reg the machine embroidery (beginner stage) mess ... for me the prob is that the bobbin thread shows up on top ........... what to do???????

7. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

The tautness of the bobbin thread is controlled by a screw on the bobbin case. But before you try to manipulate that try adjusting the top thread. The bobbin thread will show on top if you have a very tight top thread. For embroidery you don't need any tightening of top thread! Try to loosen the top thread a little.
    Another reason may be that the cloth on the hoop is not taut enough. For embroidery the cloth should be very taut , you may use a paper or backing to get the stiffness!
    Hope you have a great time embroidering!
    Vidya

8. sinisdevan

sinisdevan New IL'ite

very nice post for beginners... I am also going to start doing embroidery using my Zig Zag machine...

9. Eashasuvana

Eashasuvana Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Iam new to machine embroidery and this thread has been extremely helpful to me.

I have Usha Janome Allure machine....can I get an embroidery foot for this machine?

Regarding stabilizer, I would like to know where we get stabilizers in chennai? I could not get them in thread stores or fancy stores around my place...

Kindly help me friends...