1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf works

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by varudhini, Jan 22, 2007.

1. rpoornima

rpoornima New IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Hi

This is a blouse I recently did for me - see the attachment picture

I have mostly designed my blouses and tops with Kantha and Aari work .

Last week I atteneded the three day Embroidery clothes fair organised by the Craft's council of India at Sheraton Hotel . It was an amazing variety to explore indeed , but very very expensive (An Aari embroidery top that too machine embroideried - you wont notice it unless you examine the rear stitches else it will be mistaken for hand embroidery!!!)

I am presently doing my Diploma in Embroidery from Mridula's School of Embroidery in Chennai through correspondence, a great school indeed from where I learnt many techniques

I will be sharing with you more of my work as I complete them!

Attached Files:

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Hi poornima,

I missed out the exhibition. your blouse looks very fabulous. do share more.

3. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi poornima,

The blouse is toooooooo good.

congrats!!!

Even I am planning to do the correspondence course from Mridulas

prabha

4. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poornima,
    Someone else from the forum also intrduced Mridula's school of embroidery for me before. Even thoguh I know kutchi and kasuti embroidery, I am more interested in aari embroidery.. I would like to know how effective in learning aari embroidery through correspondence course? thanks.
    Lilly

5. rpoornima

rpoornima New IL'ite

Hi Lilly

It is better to do a regular course to understand the intricacies of Aari work.But not many people who are spread out in India and abroad can do it.. I attended their two days workshop on Blouse design and embroidery two months back. Their correspondence course is very useful for people who still wants to learn,But needs a good practice after the learning.

Hope this helps.

RP

6. rpoornima

rpoornima New IL'ite

Friends,

i thought i would share another picture of my work

attached here is the picture of the embroidery on the blouse, Actually this is my projec twork to get my Diploma certificate in embroidery!!. it took 2 .5 months though...!! but i have gained more speed now with practice.

the same piece of work if i have to buy, costs a moon from boutiques!

poornima

Attached Files:

7. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Hi poornima,

very nice blouses, I also eager to know how effective to learn this embroidery course through correspondance? Can you share your experiences with us. Because iam also planning to do it.

regards

SHREESUNDARAM

8. rpoornima

rpoornima New IL'ite

Hi Shree

It is quite effective,as i have seen , nobody else has ever taught like that. you can see information and contact them at Mridula's School of Embroidery & Fashion Design , in case you are in chennai,better to do a regular course.

Cheers
    Poornima

9. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

hi bhuvana ,

your laisy daisy work on the saree is good , nice combination .

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow Varudhini
    These are really beautiful ones. I love to do all these stuffs I will do it one by one first let me do the crochet ones.:clap
    :wave Aruna