1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery: Kasuthi Work Instructions

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by jaymg, Dec 5, 2008.

1. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Karthi,

Thanks for the material attached as I am planning to write a book and the material will come in handy as a reference material.

Regards

Jayashree

2. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu

Do try and get back to me on how you are doing

Jayashree

3. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Karthi,

Just one more thing- Sampark uses the design transfer method but that does not make the work look delicate. Use the net method on saris to get fine embroidery

Regards
    Jayashree

4. Sailaja.hyd

Sailaja.hyd Senior IL'ite

Hi Karthi

Thank you so much for the Sampark. It was quite informative and instructive. Thanks for sharing it with us.[​IMG]

5. Sailaja.hyd

Hi Jayashree Garu

Simply superb. Your instructions are very simple, easy to follow.

Please tell me what does BUGADI means? Is it in Kannada language?

What is Peacock(Mayuram in Telugu), Beetle Nut, Tiger Claw(Puli Goru in Telugu) etc are known in native Language?

Is it Beetle nut or Beetle nut flower?

Can you please give the original Names of the designs along with the English names for all those posted so far and also for those you post in future.
    Sorry! It might take some of your time. But I would like to know their original names and remember them. It reflects the culture of that region and we should not let that die. This is how I feel personally.

Thanks a lot for sharing all this. I eagerly await for you postings every day.

6. theartisticone

theartisticone Gold IL'ite

hey jaya,
    u r doing great! u have a natural talent for teaching - such clear instructions!!
    if i may suggest something- wl u pls make a point in ur instructions that the reverse of the design and the front should be exactly the same except for the knot in the reverse! this is because i hv seen a lot of designs looking v good in the front but are a nightmare in the reverse!
    i hope u dont mind me suggesting this!
    hey i would love to meet u when i come to b'lore- wl pm u before i come so we can chk our schedules!
    any help u need for ur book, dont hesitate to ask i wl do anything i can to help!!
    keep creating!

7. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi theartisticone,

I dont mind any suggestions you have. If you remember I had asked you for your inputs at the very outset.

I have mentioned in one of my posts that the designs must be more or less the same except when the stitch jumps but I will incorporate the message in all my posts. Thanks for yr valuable inputs.

I would love to meet you too when you come to B'lore so do pm me.

Regards
    Jayashree

8. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Shailaja,

Yes Bugadi is the term used in Kannada but I dont know what it means. Sorry Have to get back on that.

The betal nut flower is the Pakku of Tamil.

I will have to check out from somebody the local names and get back to you. I have incorporated the names as they have been given to me by my teacher.

I will surely try to get the original names and I appreciate and endorse your sentiments. But my teacher is unavailable at the moment and so I have to wait till she gets back.

It is nice to know that you look fwd to my posts daily. I will try not to disappoint you.

Regards
    Jayashree

9. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

It is necessary to ensure that the design is the same on both sides except for the knot on the reverse and in the case of the betal nut flower in the lamp of shells and betal nut flowers where you are permitted to jump on the reverse. I think I have mentioned it in the post attached to that particular design.

This particular point has been brought to my notice by theartisticone and I reiterate that the entire work is doorookha or reversible.

Regards

Jayashree

10. Sailaja.hyd

Jayasree

Thank you so much for so patiently answering all our queries. Take your time in posting the names. There is no hurry.