1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : Badla Work

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by ARIES, Oct 5, 2008.

1. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

when we pull the badla it will come off na as we cont make a knot ...if we pass it thru the 2 holes badla wont come off n the it wont get twisted easily so that finishing will be neat..

2. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi lakshmi( CHitti)
    :wowYOU ARE AMAZING. BowBowi THINK YOU KNOW ALL THE EMBROIDERY STITCHES , IN THIS WORLD. GR8. I ADMIRE YOUR TALENT & NO WORDS TO APPRECIATE YOU.:bowdown:bowdown.
    WISHES,
    V.K.

3. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

hi vishalam garu ...thanks for ur kind words....actually i know very little regarding embroidery..but like to share what i know..
    im honoured to get compliments from a gud artist like you...thanks

4. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Hi Raji n Shvap
    Sama-sama - welcome
    It is a kind of a zari. They call it Jandi r something in India. You can see them being used for garland n other stuff. Lakshmi (Chitti67) has detailed you. The lace work thread - if you notice I just modified this and used ribbon/tape/lace instead. Also changed the stitch style. Hoping to see some good work from you both.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  5. meyyammai

meyyammai Gold IL'ite

badla work

hello friends........does any one know about badhula work ?i have heard of it i have seen it in sarees actually i heard there is a special needle to it can some one tell me wot it is? thanx in advance

6. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

re: badla work

hi meyammai,
    badala is a metal strip....its also called nakki work..somewhere in IL I've posted the pics n procedure..its very easy...vl try ro find out the thread n come back to u...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  7. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

hello,
    Check Vasthraa's post on this work.She has given these links in her post dated 5th october-2008.....Quote;-

Hi Raji
    The badla work.Try Embroidered Fabric, Hand Embroidered Fabric, Dabka Embroidered Fabric, Silk Embroidery Fabric, Beaded Embroidery Fabric, Aari Embroidery Fabric, Dori Embroidery With Sequin, Manufacturers & Exporters All the best. Enjoy

Under the same forum check for Badla work.

8. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Yes Lakshmi.Your post with photos is right below Vasthraas post.under the heading Badla work---same date

9. meyyammai

meyyammai Gold IL'ite

hi lakshmi.......... i do have these strips in silver colour i know u have to use a needle can someone tell me where to get the needle or tell me how it ll look my friend told u have to tie a thread in a different way to the needle then insert the strip but i heard v get a needle nowadays .
    thanx lakshmi and jsri for your efforts :cheers

10. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

hi meyammai,
    ur rt there vl be special needle which is having 2 eyes...its available in the shop where embroidery materials available....vl try to find out the needle in my collections..these days im not using it..
    now the coloured strips are also available....with silver try on dark colour sarees....i did with silver colour on light blue saree which doesn't look gud...