Embarrassing Moment In My Life..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Apr 7, 2024.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Gosh! I brought a dress from Amazon and thought I looked so good in it and proudly wore it and went to a store…

I was aghast and embarrassed as I was checking out..
    U know why?

I saw a 8 year old kid wearing the same dress in front of me looking at me..

cringe moment guys!!

same thing happens when I buy from MAX India..

another time from Ross US store..

I have had enough!

where to buy clothes where it won’t be worn atleast the same color and design???

I just don’t know where to shop anymore!!

2. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I can totally relate. Same thing happened to me when I got a dress from Costco. I wore it to a zoo and another Indian lady was wearing the same dress.
    Since then, I only pick up pieces without any design of I buy from chain stores. Otherwise I like brands like Madewell, White House Black Market and some pieces from Uniqlo.

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Once for my birth anniversary in the year of my marriage, she selected an expensive brand slack-shirt. The brand was dressed to Kill. Next day I wore it to office. I was about to enter my chamber in the morning when I saw "Hanuman" - my daffthary - peon exiting after wiping clean my office furniture. He was wearing exactly same size same pattern same sober colour shirt. The staff about 30 in a huge all were looking at us with smile from cheek to cheek.
    That shirt I never wore to office anytime after that day. For some reason, I never told this to my spouse.

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

We are all having similar experiences:)

I need to really do some shopping and change my wardrobe

gamma50g and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Here two ladies think differently. Rich for poor and poor think of rich. I do hope you relish reading this story I experienced in a saree shop while my spouse at a distance rummaging through a huge pyramid of sarees.
    When Rich Turns Poor & Vice Versa

anika987 likes this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry, we all have been there :)

Yesterday I attended a parents meeting at my kids' school in Sri Lanka. Given the harsh weather (very hot), I decided to wear a simple, yet elegant light saree instead of the usual ones that are prone to sweating during day time. Sadly I had none in my wardrobe as I had already gifted most of them to my sis and SIL when I was in abroad in the past few years.
    So, finally I decided to grab one saree from my mom's wardrobe and matched that with one of my blouses. It looked perfect on me; hence I took a couple of photos, uploaded them on my IG and went on to attend the meeting.
    During the meeting, the rector casually asked me to speak a few lines about my UN experience to motivate the young kids, which I did in front of some 1000 parents and kids.

My mom wasn't home when I left to the meeting. She came back that night and saw her saree in our washing bin. She was shocked and asked why did you put this saree to wash, I only wore it on Sunday to the church and it shouldn't be washed frequently.
    OMG... my poor memory... My mom wore this same saree on Sunday to the church which was adjoined to the school, and almost all these parents and teachers, including the rector attend to our church. So obviously they may have seen my mom in that attire. The next day I wore the same saree, and gave a speech to the same audience. What a pity :(

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

No doubt such instances stay green in our memory.

anika987 likes this.
  8. Ramudada

Ramudada Bronze IL'ite

Its actually funny and we have fun when we think back later. This is what happened to me in my office last month...

We both live in the nearby towns and apparently shop at the same Kohls store. :blush::laughing::laughing:

Attached Files:

anika987 likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That should have been quite a surprise and a bit of a shock :blush:

10. Divyasaravanan

Divyasaravanan Silver IL'ite

But why is it embarrassing when we see someone wearing the same dress as us? Is it not an affirmation that we chose the right dress that so many ppl liked the same dress as us?
    May be, I dont understand this embarrassment feeling because I am someone who goes to insta pages which sells Jhanvi kapoor inspired sarees, Jyothika inspired sarees and happily buy them :)

anika987 likes this.