Elders - How to make them happy?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rajalakshmigopal, Mar 5, 2010.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

I have this odd question in my mind all the time.

Elders,be it your parents/inlaws,are we supposed to include them in all the discussions,decisions made or they want to live a private life where they are not disturbed by anyone.

We know that couples do expect privacy at any age.Old age obviously need more privacy and more affection.

Suggestions please.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajalakshmi

Elders need privacy. But they will be happy if youngsters include them in their discussions and will be pleased to tell their decisions. They want love and affection from youngsters and at the same time feel that they shoud be respected Some elders are there who dont want to interfere in their children's matter and allow them to take their own decisions and if suggestions are asked they are ready to give

This is my opinion.

love
    viji

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,
    How you treat seniors says a lot about you. Always respect your elders by not patronizing them or underestimating them. Remember, senior citizens have led full and interesting lives and deserve to be treated just like anyone else.In the life span of a mortal being; old age is the last stage of human life where a human being turns into a physically and emotionally weak person. This is the juncture when he needs a lot of care. I want to emphasize here on the emotional care as it amends a lot of things once we make them happy from inside. If we share their loneliness and fears, at least empathize with them, just that extra step, makes them really contended.You can consult them for some issues and at the same time do not burden them with more work physically or mentally. Let them find the things and do what make them happy and tension free.
    with love
    pad

4. rajalakshmigopal

Vijima,

Thanks for the first fb.Iam the one who definitely ask their concern/well being before executing anything.But I always thought that Iam disturbing them.I cannot directly go and ask them and this post of yours is a good info!

Hope they are happy with me for making them taking part in everything.

Iam happy to get this info from a person like you.

5. rajalakshmigopal

Pad mam,

I hope you took the question wrongly!

Iam the one who go to my mother for everything:coffee.I always wondered If Iam affecting her privacy and peace by saying about my stuff with her.Nothing can be compared to mother's unconditional love.

I see elderly couples in park during morning walking and I find them more romantic and more lovable than our younger generation.May be this is the secret of success!Maturity comes with age and experience.Isn't it?

This post is definitely a good one for me to relish!This post should be read by all youngsters!:thumbsup