Effect of Lunar eclipse during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by padmaravi, Aug 30, 2006.

1. padmaravi

padmaravi New IL'ite

Hello friends.,
    Iam padma from Atlanta., I have been a member to this community for the past 4 months.,
    I am so happy to tell u that I have concieved.,
    My mom told me that we have a Chandra grahanam(lunar eclipse) on sep 7th in india.,she told me to be careful at that time., I want to know whether I should follow the same timings as in india or is there a diiferent timing in US.,Iam so confused abt this issue.,
    can u all help me to clarrify this doubt and also give me tips on this issue.,
    thankyou so much.,
    padma

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Padma,

So far i know, my friend she asked the temple pujaari (local) the exact time of grahanam(lunar eclipse).

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Congrats

Dear Padma Ravi,

Congrats on the new arrival. Firstly, when the lunar eclipse is going on in India , it will be day time here. You should also check to see if the lunar eclipse is visble in the USA. Check the following link more information:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/UpcomingEclipses.html

From what i can see, the eclipse is visible in India only. Also it starts when it is early morning here and should finish by the time it is 9.00am. So i would just recomend that you continue as usual. May be avoid going out that day and have early dinner etc.....
    Hope this helps

Vandhana

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma Ravi,
    congratulations and it is nice to hear that the stork is visiting you. I guess it is better to prevent than be sorry later. Just be inside the house during the eclipse timings, as per your place, not India. It is said tht the baby gets cleft palate if the mother is exposed to the rays. I do not know it is true, but I know the difficulties to be faced if the child has a cleft palate. So take precaution. All the best.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

5. padmaravi

padmaravi New IL'ite

Hi friends.,
    thankyou so much for your timely help.,
    as per cheer's advice i plan to consult with the local temple pujari.,
    and also avoid going out on that day.,
    Is there any other special precautions to be followed.,
    if so do let me know.,'
    thankyou once again to all